Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Rise of Virgil and Dawn of Champions and mostly play solo, and they don't really go together. Rise of Virgil goes best with Darkness Unleashed.

That said RoV and Darkness Unleashed is my favorite combo. RoV is my favorite set in general.

If you really want DoC get it with Realms Unraveled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Realms Unraveled with Darkness a Unleashed quite a bit and I think they work well together, although I think it's a more difficult combination than average.

Realms Unraveled is a lot of fun, and I find it the most challenging set so far.

I think the hate for DoC is overblown. Yes, an early very lucky rally can put the game away, but this is extremely rare. More often, big rallies happen right at the end, but setting yourself up for one is the result of decisions made earlier in the game and has an opportunity cost, so it's neither as unfair or unbalanced as people say, IMHO.

As far as I know, Storm of Souls is the only set with a card that has the word "demon" in its name, although many monsters throughout the sets are certainly demon-looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn of Champions is okay. Rally really can make things crazy, especially if you Rally something really powerful early on, but it is fun. The character and faction cards sort of guide you more toward specific strategies, whereas other sets can feel like you're just buying the most expensive card you can afford.

It's hard to say what to add to Realms Unraveled as I don't own it other than on my phone, and when I play on my phone it's an every-set mega-game. It doesn't have a smaller companion set like all the previous big boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDSb wrote:
I have Rise of Virgil

That is not a game I want to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.