Subject: What future IPs would people like to see rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, I think the thing I'm most excited about is seeing what IPs they use in the future.
I think the one I'd most like to see would be Lethal League (quasi fighting game, but really addictive).
What IPs would other people like to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pretty long list of IPs I'd love to see in this sort of system, so I'll stick to the somewhat less typical once (for the most part):

Antarctic Press:
Fred Perry's Gold Digger
Ninja High School

While these aren't fighting games per se, I know that Fred Perry has long thought of making a fighting game based on his characters, and a lot of them would be very well suited to this style of game.

Anime
Dragon Ball Z
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Berserk

And, of course, a few other's I would need to look up. As above, nothing fighting game related per se, but several would make for great characters in a fighting game.

Webcomics
Dominic Deegan
Star Powered Sentinel
Spinnerette
Blade Bunny
Grrl Power
Atomic Robo
Precocious
Swords and Sausages (bonus if you get the artist to do the art for the set)
El Goonish Shive

Still more that aren't fighting centric that I think would fit the style of game. Mostly supers, yes, but still fitting (as much as Marvel and DC are, and I'm sure that there are a ton of folks who would love to see those IPs in something outside of UDE's, Cryptozoic's or Wizkids' control).

Video Games
Skull Girls
Guilty Gear
BlazBlue
Rayman
Dead or Alive
Sonic the Hedgehog
League of Legends
Stryfe
Heck, any MOBA, really
Final Fantasy

Some fighting games, some non-fighting games. There's definitely a lot more potential there than most other metagenres due to the fact that so many more video games center around combat as a conflict resolution than anywhere else. MOBAs in particular have been fairly unadapted, and I know that the fans of them tend to love the characters they come up with.

Table Top Games
Ashes of Valkana
Forgotten Realms
Ravenloft
Glorathia (the Pathfinder default setting)
Iron Kingdoms
Malifaux
BattleTech (may seem a strange choice, but could be very well suited to this style of gameplay with a few tweaks)
Red Dragon Inn

Nothing terribly special here. Some RPG settings, some RPG settings... Again, a very large world of things to choose from here, so there's a lot that can be done here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The IP I would want to see more reflected is Darkstalkers. I absolutely love Darkstalkers and Capcom doesn't seem to be in a rush to make a new game anytime soon (the XBL release two years or so ago didn't make a splash on the sales charts), so I'll take my DS fix anywhere I can get it.
Then again, my favorite Capcom character ever has always been Morrigan and I see the reactions people have had to the Red Horizon character art, so maybe it would be better to let sleeping dogs lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Bushido Blade is avaliable somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fernando rojas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
If Exceed got Dragon Ball as a license, I'd be thrilled. But the old CCG was resurrected by Panini recently, and as much as I think Exceed actually captures the feeling of the series better than the CCG does, I think the license would probably be hard to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
If we did DBZ, we would need to have 5 sided cards so that you could use the EXCEED action again and again and again during the same fight XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, I think that using ongoing Boosts to represent the different forms would work fine for DBZ. In fluff and outside of it, we see cases where the characters are knocked out of their transformations in the middle of a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
If we did DBZ, we would need to have 5 sided cards so that you could use the EXCEED action again and again and again during the same fight XD

Fingers crossed that this is a veiled hint that Lvl99 has picked up the rights to Hecatomb!!! XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've been watching some of the stuff coming out of Blizcon, I would love to see Overwatch in Exceed. The Characters in that game are just so cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Blizzard last year about Heroes of the Storm Pixel Tactics. Their response was that the game looked good, but it didn't have the maturity/reach that they like in a crossover game.

Ultimately, I read this as "talk to us again after you sell a million copies". We're about 5% there! Keep playing Pixel Tactics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Contrarily to seemingly most BGG, I'm trying to find motives to prune my collection.
badge
Meow.
mb
Kyokai wrote:
I talked to Blizzard last year about Heroes of the Storm Pixel Tactics. Their response was that the game looked good, but it didn't have the maturity/reach that they like in a crossover game.

Well, if you successfully pitch them about Heroes of the Storm EXCEED, it'll be Christmas for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

Ultimately, I read this as "talk to us again after you sell a million copies". We're about 5% there! Keep playing Pixel Tactics!

But they'd take a Bang reskin? Lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Bang Reskin was part of that decision...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently caught the Inuyasha bug, might have missed the boat but I would love an Exceed version for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hughes
msg tools
I want RWBY in the game. In fact, after noticing Brad made MSE templates, I started working on a fan set. Though without playing very much and not understanding the game enough, they'll probably all be horribly unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMoose
msg tools
mbmb
I was also working on a RWBY fan set. :3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about doing a set based on the Arika characters from the SFEX series. I loved SFEX2+, best version in the series ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Brissey
United States
Burlington
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my short list of IP interests for EXCEED.

Anime
Dragon Ball Z
Fairy Tail
Bleach

Fighting Video Games
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Marvel vs. Capcom

Other Video Games
Final Fantasy

Tabletop Games
World of Indines
Exalted

Thoughts on Esper X
At the moment, with just the one character as reference, I don't see myself picking up a set based on this IP. The art is interesting but says roller derby more than true "fist" fighters to me. Granted if Esper X is going to have its own game before it comes to EXCEED then getting to know the cast and story for them may sway me.
That being said if my wife, kids or gaming group like them when they come out I will probably get them just for variety to play against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Exalted! Of course, why have we missed that one? Yes please for that one, heaps of cool art and characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you can get the BlazBlue video game. I have been playing all 3 games that have come out on Steam. Be so cool to have the characters in card game format without having to remember combo's. Please make it happen Brad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Healdsburg
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Ignorance is Bliss!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just introduced to RWBY and by the end of the first episode I was thinking about what a good fit it would be for Exceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shortlist of stuff I'd like to see...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I would just about die), Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Guilty Gear

Fairy Tail would also be fun, and a lot of my friends are really into the series, so it would be super-easy to pitch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAM Etake SBROIIIO
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about...

Melty Blood

Can't believe no one have come up with it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think Bloody Roar would be a good option, with the exceed system to simulate the form changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Healdsburg
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Ignorance is Bliss!
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
I still think Bloody Roar would be a good option, with the exceed system to simulate the form changes.

Bloody Roar would be an amazing set. Unfortunately, the IP is owned by Konami if I'm not mistaken. Getting a liscence to use the IP from them would probably take a small miracle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |