flag msg tools
Hello
i have just received my copy of the Tomb of the Lich Lord

i found there are some monster
e.g.
Slay Evil Familiar ( Quest)
it stated
Hit:inflicts 1 wound

so does this boss inflicts 2 wounds ( one from the normal combat, the other one from its ability) when it hits a hero?

thanks very much for answering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wang
United States
west covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 wound, as stated on Text

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Isaak
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always 1 wound unless it says otherwise.... so "1 wound" means 1 damage, and if it is unstated that means 1 damage. It may specifically say that you can lose a Treasure, a Boon, take more than 1 damage, etc.

And by the way if it says 1 damage for Melee but you attack with Magic and the monster wins, then it causes your Hero: 1 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho-Tak Lau
United Kingdom
Coleraine
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
so i dont have to care about that statment?
because it is always 1 wound if it is not stated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KK Su
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juno_lau wrote:
so i dont have to care about that statment?
because it is always 1 wound if it is not stated

Correct. Later editions of Dungeoneer omit the text all together because it's redundant. But on the other hand, Tomb usually has a bit more flavour text in the hit statement (eg. [Melee hit symbol] Screeech!: inflicts 1 wound)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the cards, it appears the monster cards list specifically what each of the available attacks do. So, basically, when the monster makes a successful "attack", you do whatever it says on the card. When the monster makes a successful "counterattack" (defending against hero attack), you just deal one wound.

Originally, I thought it was how the OP described: the card text was in addition to the one wound. Guess not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco D
msg tools
I'm curious about the "inflicts one wound" text on some cards.

I'm looking at my vault of the fiends deck and heres an example

Dark Ratling

1 life
2 strength
0 magic
1 speed

the card text has "[strength symbol]: inflicts 1 wound"

does that mean that it only inflicts damage if it uses the strength attribute? so if a hero attacked it with magic and failed would they still take 1 damage?..vault of the fiends also has a card that you can play to change a monsters chosen attack form into a magic attack, potentially making it easier for a magic using hero to defeat it...could you prevent damage that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.