Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: answer_in_the_rulebook [+] [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can I leave them alone at Tracey Island, for instance?

It makes sense to me that the characters can exist outside of their vehicles though not move; but maybe that's implicitly not permitted by the rules. I couldn't find a rule, on second reading after playing a game, that explicitly said they must be in a vehicle.

Or maybe they can sit in a mole or other sub-vehicle.

Did I miss a rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T
United Kingdom
Clitheroe
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm afraid you did miss a rule, p8:

"Each character must be in a Thunderbird machine at all times (although it's fine to swap characters between two seats at the same time).

So someone can be in TB4 or FAB1 whilst being carried by TB2, but not any of the pod vehicles.

Edit: ...and if you want to leave anyone at Tracy Island, you'll have to wait for Expansion 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael is right. Interestingly, the first expansion will come with a Tracy Island miniature with character peg holes, so it appears you may be able to leave characters at home with the XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for that.

I did see that expansion, and that also had me thinking that I could leave characters dwardling somewhere.

Don't know how I missed that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question, especially when I saw the Tracy Island expansion thing. This is the paragraph in the rule book:

"Transfer characters on and off Tracy Island just like
you would for a vehicle. It can be a useful holding place for characters to stay when switching vehicles. For example, you might want to transfer a character to Tracy Island while they wait for Thunderbird 3 to arrive. Brains starts on Tracy Island."

Looking forward to adding this in the make the game a bit easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
I had the same question, especially when I saw the Tracy Island expansion thing. This is the paragraph in the rule book:

"Transfer characters on and off Tracy Island just like
you would for a vehicle. It can be a useful holding place for characters to stay when switching vehicles. For example, you might want to transfer a character to Tracy Island while they wait for Thunderbird 3 to arrive. Brains starts on Tracy Island."

Looking forward to adding this in the make the game a bit easier.

It's so helpful especially when you want to take people to space but there's not enough seats in TB3 to leave people behind.

Or you want to deliver TB4 somewhere but don't want to strand Gordon and all the seats in TB2 are occupied already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PXR5
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, some of this character organisation stuff also confused me in the beginning. For a relatively simple game there is a bit of a confusion in the explanation of play that makes it quite easy to make mistakes.

I suspect some people might point me to lines in the rulebook but for some reason I found this one harder to grasp initially than say Pandemic.

I was a Kickstarter backer so I have all of the expansions sitting in a box waiting to be played and it sounds like I should unpack Tracy Island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game twice now without any of the KS expansions. Just this morning I got out the pod minis and mountain, but tend to play without any of the new pods, vehicles, or characters that are in Tracy Island.

I also find this much harder than Pandemic. I think it's because the threats in Pandemic are very visual (I.e., cubes). With this game, you have to (or at least I have to) constantly read and re-read the disaster cards. Especially hard if you're on the wrong side of the board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PXR5
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this video really helpful. (There are a couple of audio dropouts).

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/84640/thunderbirds/strategy-...

I'm beating it quite often these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
With this game, you have to (or at least I have to) constantly read and re-read the disaster cards. Especially hard if you're on the wrong side of the board!

I've found it best to make sure no one is sitting at the top edge of the board. Seating on 3 sides of the table (at most), helps everyone be able to read the cards. The disaster marker tokens are handy for tracking locations of unsolved Disasters, and Hood Minion figure(s) to mark locations for stopping the next Scheme and also locations to undo Hood Events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So hood minion figures are in another expansion I haven't dived into? I'll have to check that out.

Only two games behind me, but both were very close - one win, one loss. Hallmark of a well-designed coop!

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
So hood minion figures are in another expansion I haven't dived into? I'll have to check that out.

They're in the The Hood expansion. They serve another purpose there, but they work quite well as Scheme markers when playing without the Hood expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapseflaps wrote:
debwentworth wrote:

They're in the The Hood expansion. They serve another purpose there, but they work quite well as Scheme markers when playing without the Hood expansion.

Found them, thanks. I'll try adding them next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.