Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, we played ViaB for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. I do have two questions...

I have the basic edition of the game (i.e. no expansion, so I don't have the raider, water, etc. I have seen mentioned), so I suspect that I wouldn't have known a Granary allows you to hold onto extra cards. Sounds like that is something that is in the expansion rules? (BTW, we played the Thief as a permanent assignment though it was a bit unclear to us.)

A bit more fundamental is how trading works, we played that you openly discussed what you both wanted and were willing to trade. (For example, I'll give you a granary and a hills for a shepherd. Or sometimes asking the Q what will someone give me for a Market?) is that the right way or should it be more like Pit where I'll trade you a 2 cards for one hidden one? I truly suspect you need to be talking about what you are trading in this game unlike Pit.

Thanks for a think enough, fast, and fun game we thoroughly enjoyed playing it even if we misinterpreted any of the above.

Also, we had one player that just could not get the right stuff and actually scored zero points at the end of the game all they had were huts and hills and one set of woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.