Subject: "You're a monster." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Story 4 is a little different than 2 or 3. It's basically just an all-out brawl.

To start, Adam found the useless Military Costume at the Initiative while Vamp X found the Power Chip on turn 2. With the help of a Sewer Crawl, he was able to get the chip to Adam on turn 4. (If you don't recall, the Power Chip allows Adam to act every turn. He won't be stalled by the 3-little-flame roll like the other villains.)

Eventually, Xander found the Magik Sword at the Museum. Werewolf Oz attacked Vamp X for a bit and killed him. When he reverted, Adam and a quickly summoned Kathy took him out.

Spike went after Willow but Buffy staked him with an Artist's Easel. After getting all the good cards from Xander (who used a Sewer map to meet up with the girls), Buffy went after Drusilla and tried to stake her too but, with the help of Kendra, the Magik Sword, and the Crossbow, was able to deal 8 damage in one round! No more Drusilla.

Willow, plagued by low movement rolls the whole game, was forced to use her Spell of Oblivion on Kathy as she was a turn away from dying. With Tara's help, she did 10 damage and killed her too.

With only a weak, human Veruka on his side, Adam was able to kill Willow and started chasing after Xander at the Buried Church.

Veruka transformed into a werewolf and mauled Buffy for a few turns. With so few characters remaining, Veruka had 3 attacks as a werewolf as fewer movement rolls meant less movement of the token.

Adam managed to block Xander in at the Buried Church. Xander finally found the useless Moon Stone and threw everything he had at Adam causing him 2 damage with Faith's help. Adam completely missed on his first attack, so there was still hope. Xander couldn't roll high enough to get away and Buffy failed to cast a Spell of Healing on herself while she searched through Gile's Apartment for a good weapon. Attacking the Werewolf Veruka was pointless but she had no other choice, causing six damage which would probably be healed as soon as she transformed back.

Since Adam was sitting on a black dot while fighting Xander, he was able to draw an Evil Card every turn but kept getting useless Sire a Vampire cards! Five in total. One last draw was a Summon Harmony card which was cast successfully putting the odds heavily on Evil's side.

When Veruka knocked Buffy down to 3 hit points, Adam was able to roll enough movement to get to Buffy at Gile's Apartment and finish her off.

Evil Wins!

This was yet another fun game. Despite horrible movement rolls throughout the game, the good characters were usually able to do something on their turns. Heavy use of the one-shot cards took out quite a few evil minions but most of them were quickly replaced.

Buffy had the Explosives for most of the game but never got a chance to attack Adam even once. I felt it would have been wasted on Werewolf Veruka and I was probably right. The Full Moon was out for three full rounds! On the other hand, Veruka was summoned at Sunrise and the token moved all the way to the full moon by her second turn.

Another 80 minute game for those interested.

Thanks for reading,

Grr! Arrgh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really enjoying these sessions. Thanks for taking the time to share these. They are especially cool during Halloween season!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
I'm really enjoying these sessions. Thanks for taking the time to share these. They are especially cool during Halloween season!!

Not as much fun as I had playing! It's my go-to Halloween game, along withVampyre which I won't get a chance to play until Monday at best. Three years ago I played A Touch of Evil which is very thematic but I don't think it's going to be replacing Buffy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be covering a session on any of the custom content (there's a few attempts at seasons 5+ I believe)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read them and they do seem very interesting. I'm not good at making pieces or cards so I haven't tried those yet. Plus I've moved on to other games for now. Maybe next Halloween?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.