Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Type: Solo/coop or competitive/ worker placement.

Theme: You’ve established a small settlement on a new planet. You will see your small settlement evolve through 3-4 era, dealing with new situation as life goes from good to terrible.

Game Mechanics Summary: The player has a play mat which keeps track of their resources. They also have a hand of action cards. At start of game an Era 1 card is drawn from an Era 1 deck. It will have resources provided to you for free, and resources you can currently get from the planet if workers are placed there. The card will have a trigger for the start of Era 2. Thus, each new era will come from a deck of the era number and each era will have several ways to trigger the start of the next era.

Game Flow: The game should flow as follows; You start with the planet providing you with something good and you can work to get other things from it. Mid game the planet will make it harder to get resources from it and will start working against you little. Late game the the planet will be out to destroy you and you need to meet some goal to win.

Replayability: each game should be different as there will be a new beginning, middle, and end, as era cards are drawn from decks generating new goals and new ways to get different resources. The random goals of each era will have the player guide their population to evolve to deal with their surroundings.

Game Mechanics (action cards): The player may discard an action card to perform the indicated action. They may discard 2 action cards to perform an action of a card in the discard. They may discard one of their 2 rest action cards to take half of the discarded action cards back into their hand. If their are ever 2 rest actions in the discard the player skips their next turn and recovers all discarded cards.

Comments: I posted all this here to motivate myself in getting this game created, as a fun hobby/experiment. I really want this to be playable solo mainly, but I did play test an Alpha version playing semi-coop with a friend. I shelved the Alpha version for a few months. The Alpha provided many insights into changes that I will make to evolve and improve this thing. If any of this sounds good or at least interesting to anyone, you are more than welcome to comment, help, or whatever, with this little experiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would the planet be trying to destroy us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Square
msg tools
Sounds like a cool concept. Hope you can post files and rules for the game for playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Why would the planet be trying to destroy us?
1) We're humans, if not the planet then ourselves.
2) Cuz, fo'fun.
3) The struggle must be Real...it just Must Be.

I'm in the process of overhauling the whole thing.
As soon as it's ready I will definitely post what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.