10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ravenous screaming antelope rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Gutierrez
Spain
flag msg tools
Hello guys, my question is ravenous card from screaming antelope consume any gear card or only a consumable gear with your effect "after damage"

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
The card, for reference:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ravenous

Pick Target:
- closest survivor, consumable gear, in range
- closest survivor, in field of view
- no target: graze

-FLOW-

Move & Attack Target
1/2+/2, *After Damage

* The Screaming Antelope consumes 1 gear in the target's gear grid. Choose and archive a gear card.

Consume, from the glossary: A special rule. This consumable gear or resources [sic] may be ingested by survivors for a listed result. SOme are archived after use.

So... This is pretty vague, but since the first targeting option specifies someone with Consumable gear, I think the intent is for the Antelope to take something consumable, but if nobody has anything consumable, he'll take whatever he can get. I think the effect would apply to non-consumable gear, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
The card, for reference:

Ravenous

Pick Target:

-FLOW-

Move & Attack Target
1/2+/2, *After Damage

* The Screaming Antelope consumes 1 gear in the target's gear grid. Choose and archive a gear card.

Consume, from the glossary: A special rule. This consumable gear or resources [sic] may be ingested by survivors for a listed result. SOme are archived after use.

So... This is pretty vague, but since the first targeting option specifies someone with Consumable gear, I think the intent is for the Antelope to take something consumable, but if nobody has anything consumable, he'll take whatever he can get. I think the effect would apply to non-consumable gear, as well.

Agreed. As written, this is what the card means. I think the word "consumable" is just used in the targeting for a more unique target action, and theme. It goes after someone with consumable gear first because they have something tasty on them...

But the Antelope can eat any piece of gear. It is up to the Survivor which piece is archived
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Joshua for putting the card up for reference AND for putting it in a spoiler box.

The “Choose and archive a gear card.” Means you have free choice in which card you pick.

But who does the picking. Is it the owner or the Monster Controller?

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically monster controller would. It's co-op, though...you should decide as a team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
reitoei wrote:
The card, for reference:

Ravenous

Pick Target:

-FLOW-

Move & Attack Target
1/2+/2, *After Damage

Agreed. As written, this is what the card means. I think the word "consumable" is just used in the targeting for a more unique target action, and theme. It goes after someone with consumable gear first because they have something tasty on them...

But the Antelope can eat any piece of gear. It is up to the Survivor which piece is archived

As a person who once had their shirt sleeve nipped at by a horse just because they had a bag of sunflower seeds in their pocket, this is how I interpret this as well. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vu
msg tools
My interpretation is that the antelope only archives consumable gear. Otherwise, the consume keyword in the After Damage effect is unnecessary. It would preferably target someone with consumable gear and archive it, or it would go after someone else and the After Damage effect would be null.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Gutierrez
Spain
flag msg tools
I think the same about ravenous card but not too clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Elderbot wrote:
My interpretation is that the antelope only archives consumable gear. Otherwise, the consume keyword in the After Damage effect is unnecessary. It would preferably target someone with consumable gear and archive it, or it would go after someone else and the After Damage effect would be null.

It's not unnecessary.
The Antelope has another card that keys off it consuming something.
The Antelope will eat any of your gear items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
reitoei wrote:
The card, for reference:

Ravenous

Pick Target:

-FLOW-

Move & Attack Target
1/2+/2, *After Damage

As a person who once had their shirt sleeve nipped at by a horse just because they had a bag of sunflower seeds in their pocket, this is how I interpret this as well.

I agree with what seems to be the consensus, that any gear could be consumed.

However, I do like Phoenix's question about the decision-maker in this case (Monster Controller or Targeted Survivor). From the glossary for Monster Controller: They make any decisions and rolls to resolve a monster's actions for that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.