Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up my copy of the game the other day, and I'm looking forward to playing it, but had some concerns about the box contents.

Firstly the cardboard player mats are seriously warped, and secondly one side of the game board has a large number of 'wrinkles' (like an air bubble, except they are long lines, rather than cicular bubbles) in it where the map didn't properly adhere to the cardboard backing. The mats aren't much of an issue to flatten out, but I'm not sure what to do about the board. It won't really affect the gameplay, but does anyone have any sugggestions for getting the air wrinkles out? I've tried leaving heavy objects on them to flatten them out, but it only worked on a couple of the lines (and those that stayed down still don't look great as they now have a foldy line where the bubble was).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You ought to contact the publisher and ask for a new board.

Jay
Rio Grande Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess that makes it official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Caesar
United States
USA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like Dave S, I am somewhat worried about the way the boards curl up. I have thought about getting the boards laminated, but instead opted to contact Queen first. Are Dave and I the only ones who have received funky boards like this?

All the best with gaming…Shogun is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just copy the board at Kinko's and glue to cardboard....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keimpe Visser
Netherlands
flag msg tools
The service at Queen is great.

I received a new board and the new daimyo boards, with an apologize.

regards,

Keimpe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.