Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to learn this game and starting with Coal and Aradel, but I just can't figure her out. She requires exhaustion tokens to do anyting other than casting a spell. Then, she's has cards that let her place exhaustion tokens on a unit, but she doesn't have any units because they require exhaustion tokens. Stuck in a loop and can't see the solution. Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without seeing specifics, sounds like you may be playing her wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teage Watson
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest watching this series to get a better idea of how she is played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEjRZD2KRs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Wimmer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
She requires exhaustion tokens to do anyting other than casting a spell.

Wait. What? When you see the exhaust icon on a card (the eye with a triangle standing on one point) that doesn't mean you have to spend an exhaust token if you want to activate that ability. It means you have to place an exhaust token (edit: from the pool) on that card after activating the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nahain wrote:
LoweringTheBar wrote:
She requires exhaustion tokens to do anyting other than casting a spell.

Wait. What? When you see the exhaust icon on a card (the eye with a triangle standing on one one point) that doesn't mean you have to spend an exhaust token if you want to activate that ability. It means you have to place an exhaust token (edit: from the pool) on that card after activating the ability.

Oops. That pretty much explains my problem. I totally missed that in the rules. Duh... thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.