Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started with Epic, examined what I could, still a few questions remains.

1. Flame Strike "Deal 8 damage to a target". Does it mean that 8 damage may be dealt to a player?

2. Angelic Protector "Tribute => Target champion gains unbreakable and untargetable this turn". May Angelic Protector be that champion?

3. My righteous creature with attack of 10 is blocked with a creature with defense of 5. Will I get 5 life or 10 life?

4. If a champion with "Unbanishable" ability is in discard pile, may it be banished? The same question: Untargetable champion in discard pile & some ability or event that targets him.

5. Crystal Golem, costs 1, "Ambush * Untargetable ; Break this card: Draw two cards".
Why "Break this CARD", not champion? Does it mean that I can use this ability only when the card is in my hand (paying 1 coin)?

6. Inner Peace "Gain 10 health ; [yellow simbol] => Recall". If I have 2 copies of Inner Peace in my discard pile and I'm playing one yellow card, how many of Inner Peace pieces I can return to my hand? One of both?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you can deal 8 damage to a player.

2. Yes, it doesn't say to target another champion.

3. She is dealing 10 damage, so you will heal 10. It doesn't matter how much of that damage is enough to kill the blocking champion.

4. Yes and yes. Only cards in play have abilities. Unless the card specifically says so, like Recall.

5. It's the terminology they decided to use. Maybe there will be sometime an ability that will remove the type of card, so Crystal Golem can lose the Champion but its ability will work anyway, because it's still a card.
And you can only use this ability when Crystal Golem is in play.

6. You can return both to hand because both of them trigger when you play a 1-cost good card.

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good that I asked - some of my guesses were wrong. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short question:

If a card has "Break this card: do something", does it mean that I have to break it myself at will to do something (just like "I break it, wow!"), or does it mean that I get something if this card will be broken with some effect or in combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DeriusDen wrote:
Short question:

If a card has "Break this card: do something", does it mean that I have to break it myself at will to do something (just like "I break it, wow!"), or does it mean that I get something if this card will be broken with some effect or in combat?

Colon (":") means cost. So, pay the cost on the left, get to do the thing on the right. So it's the first thing you said - you just say, "I break this card" and then you get the thing on the right. If it was an arrow ("=>") this would mean trigger, "When the thing on the left happens, the thing on the right happens".

In other words, yes, you can break your own crystal golem (almost) at will (any time you could play an event)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks greatly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.