Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
M√ľnster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine the following situation:

Does a wizard on position W have LOS on the center of the border line B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Imagine the following situation:

Does a wizard on position W have LOS on the center of the border line B?

Can't remember LOS rules for walls/doors (obviously anything on the actual space isn't in LOS), but if it's truly an outer boarder, those are indestructible, so it doesn't matter does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly I cannot recall the rules after all these years. If LOS is measured center to center then blocked. If anywhere to anywhere then unblocked.

I seem to recall blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troi McLure
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought of the walls being thicker at the end so it is better visible that there is no LOS. If the end of the wall would be thinner, you could trace a line. The thicker end prevents that and thus you have no LOS. We always played it that way but I can't remember where I've read that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
No he does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troi McLure wrote:
I always thought of the walls being thicker at the end so it is better visible that there is no LOS. If the end of the wall would be thinner, you could trace a line. The thicker end prevents that and thus you have no LOS. We always played it that way but I can't remember where I've read that.
The dots on the ends of the walls help enforce no LOS to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troi McLure
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems my post is a little confusing after I've read it now. But I mean exactly what you posted, martimer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troi McLure wrote:
Seems my post is a little confusing after I've read it now. But I mean exactly what you posted, martimer.
I merely stood on the shoulders of a giant...

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MushroomHunter
msg tools
The center dot can clearly draw a line to the far side of the border line so I would figure that means, at least as targeting the wall/border is concerned, that it's a legit LOS. I'm thinking this might be a house rule thing (like many of the rules in the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenix Guardian
Italy
Verona
Veneto
flag msg tools
LOS are between 2 points, and if wall, column (the circle in the end of walls) or any other object that blocks LOS are in the middle, you don't have LOS.

stay awake on "destroy wall"'s rule: if you destroy an ending wall (with column in the end, like in your photo) you destroy the relative column, so in the case of your photo, if you destroy the wall you have LOS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
We always played dot-to-dot targeting squares, and dot-to-wall for targeting walls (or creating them, which I suspect is the reason for the post). Considering the space beyond "B" is in LOS, I'd have to assume B is as well.

In the total absence of any rules quotations, do what you feel. I'd rule "in LOS" in my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MushroomHunter
msg tools

The way I was seeing it was that if wizard W wanted to target the wall they could hit the far side of it, making it legal (bottom arrow). But if targeting a square (dot to dot) they would hit the column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought to have LOS you need to have LOS to the CENTER of a square or wall or line between squares. Can't you check in photoshop or whatever you used, like just by drawing a line?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LOS is from dot to dot and applies to the whole square

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.