Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules
v. 0.9b (rules version 1.0 won't occur till the game starts or finishes... who knows)

I. Win Conditions:

Good: If you are a good player, you have a simple win condition.... escape!!! Get out of the town.
Evil: Each has their own and almost all are mutually exclusive.

II. Characters:

* Every character has his/her own power(s) which is revealed only to them. See powers.
* Every good player has the following stats: speed, defense, and awareness.

* * Speed - The base number of spaces a person can move. See movement.
* * Defense - How well a person can fend off an attack. See attacks and kills.
* * Awareness -How well a person can sneak or notice their surrounding. See sensing.

* Every evil player has the following stats: speed, attack, and sensing.

* * Speed - The base number of spaces a person can move. See movement.
* * Attack - How efficient the player turns a player into a steak. See attacks and kills.
* * Sensing -How well an evil can ambush and/or sense their prey. See sensing.

Why don't good roles get attack? - because a BigMac never attacked me! You are a helpless little snack to a big mean creature!

III. Turn Structure (One Real Day):

A Turn consists of 2 segments: 1) Day and 2) Night. I use the terms Day and Night to denote the split of a turn into segments. The turns in this game are much much faster. Think of it as the whole game taking place in a matter of minutes. The village is being attacked and you are frantically running around trying to save your neck. Each segment is structured as follows:

1) Day Time
--) Pray to Gods (Lynch)
--) Day Orders
--) Yell in Terror

2) Night Time
--) Night Orders
--) Night Kill
--) Cower and Regroup

IV. Segment Pieces:

A) Pray to Gods (Lynch)
Every "day" the villagers are frantically praying to the Great God of IthickS to help them. They pray hard and simply by providing another villagers name to the God. The villager's name that the God IthickS hears the most will be smited at the end of the "day" to assist the villagers in their survival. If the village decides to not be clear and create ties, the God of IthickS is overly helpful and smites all the villagers in the tie. Simply, majority vote holder is killed. If there is a tie for the lead, all the leading ties are killed.

* Roles will be revealed when lynched killed.

* Lynch time will be 5:00pm 9:00pm BGG Time.

* Vote Syntax: [vote player]

* Unvote Syntax: [unvote player] or [unvote all]

* You must unvote before you can revote.

* Conditional Voting is not allowed.

* Vote posts cannot be editted.

B) Day Orders
You can do chose to move or act or power, both of which are explained below. Before lynch time, all players are to send a PM to the Mod with the subject line containing the game acroynm, day and choice; details in the message. Acts are resolved first then movement. All acts occur simultaneously and then all movement occurs simultaneously.

For example: GOT: D1 - Act or GOT: D2 - Move

C) Yell in Terror
Yelling in terror is posting in the forum whatever you want. This is most of the Day Segment. You can yell, "OMG, there is a creature attacking me, HELP!" or "Look out behind you; you are about to get attacked." or "Where is my mommy?" Etc. etc. etc. Feel free to post whatever you want. Just remember, people yell the darndest things when they are about to be devoured.

D) Night Orders
This is the same as Day orders. The only difference is the Evil Beasties have an additional choice: kill. EACH evil has this ability; thus multiple villagers can die in one night. There are limiter's one how evils can attack, primarily being able to see or sense their victim and be able to reach the victim.

E) Night Kill
Each evil can attempt a night kill if the evil senses their victim and can reach their victim.

F) Cower and Regroup
The horrors are too massive to withstand. You can not speak, you just cower trying to muster up enough courage for your next act..... No posting in the forum during the night turn.

V. Movement

If a player chooses to move, the player has three choices of movement: sneak, walk, run.

- Sneak: Sneaking provides a boost to awareness and makes you harder to sense. (Movement = speed/2, rounded down.)
- Walk: Walking is your normal speed and creates no modifiers. (Movement = speed).
- Run: Run allows you to move quickly, but significantly decreases your defenses and your awareness. (Movement = speed * 2)

Note on map size: If you were to run from the starting position to an exit of the city every chance, you would be out of the town in 2-3 turns (depending on which starting position).

Movement is on a board which you may or may not see. You may get pieces of it, you may get all of it, you may get none of it. I will accept general movement commands and give you detail of where you are and what is in reach from where you are. Commands can be as complex or as simple as the following examples:

example: Run north 4 hexes, then east 4 hexes, then 1 hex into the house.
example: Run north around house and into it.

A lot will depend on how much you know about the map.

VI. Attacks / Kills

Evils can kill at night and/or attack. All evils can attack during day and night; and only kill during night (although there would be no reason not to kill at night, thus making attacking at night pointless). In order to target a victim, you must have sensed your victim last turn and be able to reach your victim.

Attack - Attack uses the attack rating of the creature against the defense rating of the villager, some dice rolling, some magic number. If successful; the villager is killed. For an attack to even have a chance of success the attack rating must be greater than the defense rating. For example: an attack of 4 against a defense of 4 = no chance of success and the defender will win every time.

Kill - Kill is just like attack; but the evil gets an attack modifier (it depends on the evil what that amount is). This simply means, that during the Night Segment, evils have a much better chance of killing villagers; but you are never safe!

Reach - You can reach your victim to attack or kill if the victim is at a distance equal to or less than your movement. The evil will move into the same hex as the victim and attack/kill. If the kill/attack is unsuccessful; both the evil and villager will reside in that hex until the next segment. If the attack/kill is successful; then only the evil will stay in that hex.

VII. Awareness / Sensing

At the end of each turn everyone (good and evil) will do an awareness or sensing check to see if they notice other people, items, attackers, etc.

Awareness - A good that is aware of an attacker will have a defense bonus. To be aware of an evil; you must have Line of Sight (LOS)*
Sensing - An evil that has sensed his prey is able to attack that target. Not all evils require LOS to sense their prey.

VIII. Line of Sight

Line of sight is pretty simple in this game. If there is something blocking view (wall, hedge, inside vs. outside, etc). Mod will make all decisions on LOS.

IX. Powers, items, stuff

As this is a Werewolf game, you can definitely expect that the traditional werewolf role (seer, sorcerer, lover, etc) powers will be in the game either as powers or items or events.

Powers - Each person/character has different powers that modify, bend, or outright break the rules here. Each will be clarified to each person when their role and powers are given. Powers always override rules. If two powers conflict directly than the power of good will always pervail (hey, I have to give the dinner plates a chance.)

Items - There are many items, relics, trinkets, weapons, gadgets in this game. They are all over the place, you just have to look and be aware or your environment. You can explicitly search areas, but for the most part if you will notice something, I will mention it to you in reports. Again, if rules conflict with items; items take precedence. If good item and evil item conflict, the power of good will always prevail (unless I specify otherwise).

X. COMMUNICATION

For this game there will be a lot of privileged communications between players. I will be using the Cassandra Project Communication System. I ask that all commands, communications, and private chats occur there. This will allow me to change who can chat with each other dependent on location.

XI. FAQ

Q: Why isn't my questioned answered in the rules?
A: Because even though IthickS is a God, he can only smite; not read minds. So ask your question so he can place it here.

Q: Hey, I'm in a house (or against a wall). Can I peak outside/around so I don't get noticed?
A: SURE! You get LOS, others don't get LOS to you. Good idea!

Q: What is the rating of this game?
A: PG-13 to R. There are some definite themes that are more mature and language is what you would expect if you were about to be eaten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The City - FeederVille

Overall: Feederville is protected by a thick brick wall. There are only two commonly known entrances/exits, the East Entrance and the West Entrance. The walls that protect Feederville are impentrable and unscalable. The town has 9 sections: City Center, North, South, West, East, Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast. The parts of the town connect in the intuitive and fairly obvious way. City Center connects to all parts of town.

City Center: FeederVille's city center is crammed with the key buildings of the city, the Church and the Mortuary. The graveyard is also located here along with some rock formations that the city is well known for. There is a small patch of trees that decorate this part of town also.

North: The North part of Feederville is mostly farms. There is a funeral home here and the Mayor's tower which looks over the farms and funeral home. There is one other building in the North section.

NorthEast: The NorthEast corner has a view tower in the corner to overlook the outside of the city. There are a couple of homes here and the main shopping building, which extends south into the East section.

East: The main attraction to the East section is the Entrance of the city (or the exit). The main shopping building is located here and extends north into the NorthEast section of the city. There is a river in this section that has a bridge over it.

SouthEast: One of the cities most beautiful attractions is located in this section of the city, the city fountain and pool. There are a few houses also in this section. The southeast corner has a watchtower that looks out to protect the city.

South: The statue of the founder of the city is located here. There are some homes in this section.

SouthWest: The Old Oak Tree is located here. There are some other miscellaneous buildings located in this section. There is a watchtower in the most southwest corner looking out over the walls to protect the city.

West: City Hall is located in the West section of Feederville. There are some other buildings located here. There is a statue of the current mayor in this section of town. The East Entrance (and exit) of Feedervilled is located here.

NorthWest: These are the slums of the town. Lots of small abodes that are run down. In the most NorthWest corner of there is a watchtower looking over the city for protection.

Note: The sections are not connected by any narrow pathways or connectors. The sections of the city are arbitrary lines, like any real city and there are many connections from any of the sections of FeederVille.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List:

agnespoodle
dbmurph22
dkromm
jaredh
MoonGoddess
Rasattack
riot
Rjphelan
RoyalFlush
Shugyosha
TheArchAngel
wiz8mom
Xandryyte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAAAHHHH!

AAAAHHHHH!!

AGHHH!

OHMAGOD. OHMAGOD OMYGODDDD! GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF THIS TOWN!

(There. There's your PG-13.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r{MOD NOTES:

Couple quick notes for those who don't read rules:

1) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE. Think of voting as praying to the gods to smite someone. A majority has to be reached for that to occur. If the majority of people DO NOT vote, then the masses have spoken that no one should receive a smite from the gods.

2) ALL ORDERS need to be done through Cassandra. There will be a lot going on for me and keeping it all there will ensure I get things done quicker. If this is a problem please let me know.

3) Roles, numbers, etc. - There are good, there are bad, there are some of each. The known number is unknown to the goods. It really doesn't matter as the win condition for goods is: Survive and for Evils: Kill. NOTE, most of the evils actually have conflicting win conditions (as do some of the goods). So this game really is about person #1: YOURSELF.

4) Items, powers, etc - There are items throughout the map and some start with items. Items that will save your life, allow you to protect yourself or move to your win condition will be auto used unless you tell me otherwise. Do not interpret this as I will think of some ingenious way to use an item to save you. If it is an obvious use, I will do it for you, but I would prefer to get commands in.

5) Communication - I will be creating communication channels for those who are by each other. This is like whispering. Otherwise, you need to yell, with is this thread.

6) Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DAY 1

The sun was high in the sky and then..... all went BLACK! It is dark outside...... bzzzttt... all electricity gone.... phone lines dead. You look out the window and there are monsters feeding on your neighbors, bodies being torn apart. What the .....? Get out of town and get out of town NOW!!!!! You pray for assistance getting out of this town?

DAWN

DAY 1 LYNCH TIME - 9:00PM BGG Time, Thursday January 18th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[DAWN]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one unvote and/or vote per post. You may have both an unvote
and a vote in the same post, but the unvote must come before the vote

4. You may [unvote all] instead of naming the current player
you are voting

5. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

6. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

7. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

8. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

9. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

10. Quotes below the vote/unvote statement may cause the vote to be missed,
especially if they contain bolded sections.

11. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1464...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1464...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friends! Neighbors! Friendly neighbors! Especially friendly female neighbors scurrying about in your underwear! Come here! Listen!

Look - we have to fight these bastards. We can't just let them get away with it. Yes, let's get out of town, but let's take a few of them with us! I don't subscribe to this whole non-majority prayer session. It's all of us or none of us. But preferably all of us!

Now, scantily clad women, come hide in my house. The rest of you - RUN! But be sure and pray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mother? Mother? Where did mother go? Oh noes! Monsters everywhere!

*clutches teddy bear tightly*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am so glad Agnespoodle is here to defend the young and innocent.

So you are going to stay here, while I leave town and pray for your salvation? Or at least for your not being smited. Smiten?

Hmmm, maybe you want to be smiten?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:
Now, scantily clad women, come hide in my house. The rest of you - RUN! But be sure and pray!

Arches an eyebrow at agnespoodle. Hmmm ... looks down and finds herself fully dressed since she can't wear bikini armor in this game so she's stuck with what was not in her closet ... tight pullover and jeans ... she's not stupid enough to walk in there!! And with sleeping on a futon ... well, shouldn't be monsters under the bed either ... she hopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the lynch time when night will fall? If so, we should be putting in orders to act, move, or use a power right? One more question... Are acts like searching an area for something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! You kids! Get away from that cart you filthy little monsters!

Kids these days don't respect nobody I tell you. Hell, this whole town's turned into a rotten hellhole. Ain't nobody out there willing to help a poor person out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say we kick 'em from the left and kick 'em from the right and fight fight fight our way outta sight! Yay!

edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermione Granger
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Ogres, and Zombies, and Ghouls, oh my!

sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are within your awareness in an area (room, building, etc) you will automatically notice anything of importance. There are only a few exceptions to this that will require actually "searching", but those should be fairly obviousth sec

MOVE/ACT/POWER clarification - The way the rules are written it made it sound as though you can only move or act or use power. This is not exactly correct. Most powers can be used and movement. Unless otherwise noted. I did this more for breaking up commands so I don't get a paragraph from people on all the conditionals and things they want to do.

I guess common sense will rule this in the sense of time. You could not start a fire and then run north as it takes time to start a fire. But I see nothing wrong with loading a gun while you are walking somewhere.

NIGHT ORDERS: You can get them early, you can get them in after lynch. I will allow people 3 hours to get their night orders, so day break will occur around 12AM BGG Time

riot wrote:
Is the lynch time when night will fall? If so, we should be putting in orders to act, move, or use a power right? One more question... Are acts like searching an area for something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

Hey wait. Take that you bastards!!

(head goes rolling down the street)

Alright, I need to look at the consitution and map of this town, but good luck to you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
this is a very odd game. i'm not sure i 100% understand the rules at this point.

the win conditions:
Quote:
Good: If you are a good player, you have a simple win condition.... escape!!! Get out of the town.

seem to suggest that we don't actually need to kill any evils to win. just gtfo of town? i guess by running outside of the town's borders? if so, this might be an example of a game where its best to not lynch for a day or 2? i'm not sure - thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Hmmm, maybe you want to be smiten?

Smitten? Or smote? With all these ladies, I prefer the former.

But no, I wont be staying. Indeed, I'm a traveller who peddles certain goods. And one of you needs what I got, but I'm still working on the strategery before I say who I think that is. Because I wouldn't want to be accused of something untoward, you understand.

This isn't my house, necessarily, I just appropriated it to house any young women needing protection. I can't stay long, there are GODDAMN MONSTERS EVERYWHERE.

I'd LOVE to say where I am, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not, even if I plan on moving ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkromm wrote:
i'm not sure - thoughts?

Unless your supplemental win condition involves something like taking out monsters. Ahem. There had to be a mechanism to keep us voting. But with the dearth of revealing screams, this will prove difficult. And without a vote history, it makes it more...challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oi! Participationally challenged! Maybe you all are communicating via other mechanisms, but I'm lonely here and there are monsters everywhere and we've only got MINUTES to live here! We got a plan? No plan? Waiting to hear from God?

What do I gotta do, cut off my hand and strap a chainsaw onto it?

How about this:
[vote Shugyosha]

You capable of smiting then? You some sort of possessed priest? Smite evil!

I'd love to tell the person I can help where to go so I can give her some lovin', but I don't think I can do that without giving my position away to tha evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
i have a secret power where i can talk crazy monsters into submission.

[vote riot]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I had at least posted once already.

I'm not a possessed priest. The smiting part was related to our votes being a prayer for someone to be smote. And anyway, it is not so much a prayer but a yell in terror.

But if you need someone to Run Away from evil, I can do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to locate a map of this freakin' town. I really don't feel like running around blindly based off general descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.