Kyra Valdez
msg tools
I just got my copy and whilst I was perusing the contents, I realized that some of them, especially the map and the newspapers, will definitely be worn out after just a few game sessions. Any suggestions as to how I can prevent this from happening other than really being careful with handling the stuff?
Did you guys laminate your map? Covered the newspapers with clear adhesive plastics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kyzed wrote:
I just got my copy and whilst I was perusing the contents, I realized that some of them, especially the map and the newspapers, will definitely be worn out after just a few game sessions. Any suggestions as to how I can prevent this from happening other than really being careful with handling the stuff?
Did you guys laminate your map? Covered the newspapers with clear adhesive plastics?

Well.. I'm not one to even sleeve cards in most my games, so take my perspective with a grain, but it isn't like you'll likely replay any individual scenario more than twice (if even that), and equally unlikely you'll wear through any of the flimsier components in a single play session. So, for the newspapers at least, I don't see the issue.

The map I can see getting thrashed, but so long as it is treated with care, I suspect you won't have any issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petty
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
My group and I found that the components were still in very good shape after going through all the cases, so I don't think any protective measures are required. To be honest, the map won't require much handling. You'll lay it out in front of you before the case, reference it a couple times at most and put it back in the box. For some cases, it's not even needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. We've played seven or eight cases, and it hasn't been an issue. The newspapers are just front and back, so it's not like you're flipping through pages.

Enjoy...it's a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with what everyone else has written, except that you have just given me a thought. I think I might just laminate the map, after all.

But them it won't fit back in the box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently reopened my Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (the boxed editions, that I obtained over a decade ago) and all of the paper is just fine... maybe a bit yellowed in some cases, but that kind of adds to the ambiance.

Provided you keep drinks, food and cheetos away from the players while this is out, you should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.