Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What ships do you have thus far, and how many of each? What do you plan on getting with the next wave?

I've got one base set and one of each expansion of wave 1 and I bought another base set (still unopened) on sale not too long ago. I'm just wondering if I open the second base set, then should I buy additional first wave ships (another gladiator, another Frigate, maybe another Neb and Corvette) to keep things sort of balanced? Or should I sell the second base set and just wait for the wave 2 ships? Any point in having more than 2 Victory Class Star Destroyers? More than one Gladiator or Frigate? 4+ Nebs or Corvettes?

I'm just wondering what others have and are doing.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, 2 GSD is very useful, 2 AFs or 3 Nebulons might be as well, depending on how you build your fleet.

Not sure 3 VSDs or 3 Corvettes (for Corvettes, probably need 4+ if doing a "swarm") are really useful, especially with the MC30 and ISD on the horizon.

Since I play casually, though, I am just going for one of every expansion (may eventually go back and get a second set of fighters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have purchases so far that equates to me have 2 of every ship and 2 of each squadron pack. I also only play casually, so to have the ability to either have 2 large fleets going against each other, or have smaller fleets of the same faction battling, is a nice option.

Going forward, I'm only going to get 1 of each, and then buy duplicates if I really want them. Although Rogues and Villains looks good enough to get 2 to start with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna pick up one ISD the Rogues/Viallains pack and one MC80 and 2 MC30s. I don't want the Raider as I am gonna stick with the Rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shriek shriek
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
2 of everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
One core set an two of everything from wave one. But I primary play with my kids, so I have to provide ships for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also only play casually, but I'm also an idiot and can't resist buying expansions when I find them on sale, so I own:

4 Corvettes
2 Nebulon Bs
4 Assault Frigates

3 sets of the Rebel squadrons (plus what came in the base set)

3 Gladiators
2 Victory Class

4 sets of the Imperial squadrons so that I can field entire squadrons of any 1 type of ship should I want to

I've also ordered 1 of everything in wave 2, plus an extra Raider...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Merritt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have:

2 Core sets
1 VSD (3 total w/core ones)
4 GDS (one is on its way)
4 Imp Fighter packs (with the 2 core fighters I can fly 16 ties for 400 point games!)
3 AF
2 Neb's (4 total w/core ones)
2 CR90's (4 total w/core ones)
3 Rebel Fighter packs

I have ordered:
2 ISD
2 MC80
1 Raider
1 MC30

I will get a Rogues & Villains and eventually 1 more MC30 and 3 more Raiders when I can afford them. That's assuming we ever GET the Wave Two ships! I'm hoping tomorrow will be when FFG ships the ships (haha) since it would make them available for Worlds? I'm assuming those lucky enough to have earned Wave 2 ships from Sullust can use them for this tournament but it seems very unfair to those who don't have them yet.

As for Rob, if you can afford it I'd say yes to buying an additional one of each expansion of wave one for the upgrades alone. Open that other core! You get the extra dice and I, like most others used the second maneuver template as a speed two template (only put together the bottom section with one middle and the top, using numbers 0, 1, and 2). For Wave two I suggest one of each expansion to start for the upgrades and the two beast ships (ISD and Home One!). You can run an ISD with two VSD and some fighters, maybe Home One with a variety of flankers, etc.

If you are focusing on only one faction you should be able to sell the models on eBay and keep most of the upgrades (sell the uniques and faction-only upgrades with those models you sell). I'm in a dead zone as far as playing with others so I have both factions in bulk to maintain solo games.

I highly recommend Cardhaus for orders over $125 because they are the cheapest option. My Wave two order above was 146.27 (the same order at Miniature Market is 157.84 and will take longer to arrive).

Best of luck and be sure to actually enjoy these ships!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 core +

2 Victory SD
3 Gladiator SD
2 Imp Fighter Packs

3 AF Mk II
2 CR90
1 Neb-B

I was going for the upgrade cards in the expansion packs. The individual ships having new upgrades + duplicates from the core set were worth more to me than another core set. Unless all the extra fighters the dice and the movement tool are totally worth what you spent on the extra core, I would sell it and buy into wave 2 or buy some fighter packs.

When I'm able to get wave II, I'm going just as big with

3 Imperial SD
4 Raiders

2 MC80
3 MC30s

MAYBE 2 of the Rouges and Villains pack, but I'm undecided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core set (1xVSD, 1xCR90, 1xNeb-B)

Plus: 2 x Assault Frigate, 1 x CR90 expansion, 1 x Gladiator, 1 x Neb-B expansion, 1 x VSD expansion, and 1 each of the Rebel and Imperial fighter expansions.

I have enough games to play that I don't need to worry about running out of options with limited wave 1 material while I wait for wave 2 to round things out more. Of course, it's very few X-wing expansions that I've been motivated to buy in multiples, as well; maybe I'm just cheap? (As if we can be cheap and play these games much at all...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 1 core set & 1 of each of the expansion sets & an additional Nebulon B. I think that going forward, I will only collect Rebels as that is the only faction I play. I will get at least 1 of each of the Rebel stuff, but I may get multiples. I am considering 2 MC80 & 3 MC30. I am undecided on the Rogues & Villians set though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 core sets (great deal on the second)
1 VSD
1 CR90
1 Neb-B
2 Assault Frigates
2 Gladiator
2 Rebel Squad
3 Imperial Squad

I want one more Rebel squad, so I can get 6 each A, B, & Y

Wave 2:
Start with 1 of each

Then eventually a second of each, and possibly a 3rd Rogue and Villan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dead Za
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Core fighters
Core VSD
Core Corvette
Core Neb-B

2x GSD
1x VSD
1x Imperial Fighters

2x MKII
2x Neb-B
3x Corvette
1x Rebel Fighters

I want to be able to play nearly anything, barring true gimmick lists.

aaaaand I still havent played. But I keep finding great deals and know I will forever regret passing them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did my preorder: 1 Rogues & Villains, 3 MC30, 2 MC80

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.