Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited to announce to the BGG community that Valley Games will be reprinting Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage!

Okay, everyone take a breath and read on....

We will be placing this game up for preorder on our "750 Special" program before the end of the month, however, it is NOT available for preorder at the time of this announcement. It will be available very soon though, so keep an eye on our site!

Some basic information about the reprint: We have elected to keep the reprint very close to the original, which INCLUDES keeping the mapboard hard mounted (i.e. NOT a paper map). There will be some upgrading of the artwork, but the rules will be nearly identical to the 2nd edition of the rules from the original.

In a very short while, we will be revealing our "750 Special" bonus for preorder customers, and we think you will be very pleased! I will also be filling in details, and answering your questions here on this thread whenever possible.

As for a release date, that is entirely up to you, the gamers. Our 750 Special program puts the games that gamers want into your hands based on your preorder support. The game will retail for $64.95 USD, which means that our preorder customers will get it for $45.47, a 30% discount. Again, while preorders are not open yet, you'll want to be sure to keep an eye on our site.

It is important to note that we have a new preorder system that ensures that credit cards are not charged until such a time that we go to print.

We're absolutely thrilled to bring this game to you, our gaming friends. This effort to bring Hannibal back into print started out as daydream, and slowly became reality with a lot of emails, phone calls, and detective work. We are committed to bringing you games that you will love to play, and we hope that this announcement demonstrates that commitment.

www.valleygames.ca

"Where it all begins"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, that's a big 'un! Very exciting!

So is Mike Doyle doing the new artwork for this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Thank goodness I was always outbid on eBay for all those copies that were sold in November/December. I usually end up getting a copy of OOP games just before the reprint is announced.

Now to wait for all the pre-order page to go live with all those announced Valley Games (Containers, Big City, Hannibal, ....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Foeller
United States
Auburn Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
This is a joke, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur III
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, if this is true that's fantastic! I probably should be mad since I broke down and bought a copy on eBay last year, but this game is so great it HAS to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Easy folks...this COULD actually be what the Bible was talking about when it mentioned all that mess about the Antichrist...is the number of the beast "750" and not "666" as prophecied?

Anyway, I think I speak for BGG by stating:

Holy shit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
josh_foe wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Nope. Way too much work's been done on our end for this to be a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuey wrote:
caius wrote:
josh_foe wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Congrats!

I know this will be a huge success.

Wow, and to think I was actually a little bit worried about Valley games when I saw Die Macher up on Tanga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tens of thousands of wargamers everywhere cheer in unison!

Actually very cool news. I hope its a super successful printing for everyone at Valley. I love that they are trying to bring games that gamers want back into print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Stuey wrote:
caius wrote:
josh_foe wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Congrats!

I know this will be a huge success.

Wow, and to think I was actually a little bit worried about Valley games when I saw Die Macher up on Tanga.

Die Macher needs publicity. It has been a daunting untouchable game available only in German for so long, it won't just fly off the shelves right off the get go.

Our marketing company asked us if we wanted to do this promotion at their loss, not ours. It was a huge success and we sold 480 in 24 hours.

The more Die Machers that are out there, the more people will see that it is a treat to play (if you have an evening to spare)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
SybotCB wrote:
I was actually a little bit worried about Valley games when I saw Die Macher up on Tanga.

Oh yea...guess I should hold my breath and wait for Hannibal on Tanga then?

gulp

I know Valley Games had nothing to do with that sale...speculation (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1278164#1278164) is that it was the US distributer....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that info. I had completely missed that thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

And thanks to Valley games for the official Line on the Die Macher sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Thank goodness I was always outbid on eBay for all those copies that were sold in November/December. I usually end up getting a copy of OOP games just before the reprint is announced.

Now to wait for all the pre-order page to go live with all those announced Valley Games (Containers, Big City, Hannibal, ....)

Same happens to me all the time. I'm excited as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!! I've been wanting to play this game for years, but was daunted by the eBay prices.
Can't wait for it and big city to become available. I bet it will get to 750 in record time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
caius wrote:
josh_foe wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Not that I don't believe you, but... ehm... what's the legal situation? To my knowledge (which is of course limited), the Hasborg own the copyright to H:RvC, and despite pleas from the author refused to revert it back to him. So...???? Methinks there's a good story here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
I imagine VG licenced it from Hasbro, the same way MMP licenced ASL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
caius wrote:
josh_foe wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Not that I don't believe you, but... ehm... what's the legal situation? To my knowledge (which is of course limited), the Hasborg own the copyright to H:RvC, and despite pleas from the author refused to revert it back to him. So...???? Methinks there's a good story here!

We cannot DISTRIBUTE in Italy, Germany or France. Those are our limitations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
otrex wrote:
we will be revealing our "750 Special" bonus for preorder customers, and we think you will be very pleased!

Looking forward to hearing (seeing?) what this is. My own hope would be card protectors and tuckboxes for the included cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
caius wrote:

That's not too bad---but does that also mean that you have to turn away customers (be them private individuals or retailers) in these countries should they order directly from Valley Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
caius wrote:

That's not too bad---but does that also mean that you have to turn away customers (be them private individuals or retailers) in these countries should they order directly from Valley Games?

We cannot sell to any retailers in those countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap!

What a major coup for Valley Games. I'm very happy to see that this classic will see the light of day again. Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage deserves it.

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the designer, Mark Simonitch, involved/consulting in this reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Pariseau wrote:
Is the designer, Mark Simonitch, involved/consulting in this reprint?

He has offered as much as we need. We are going with the 2nd edition rules and there is some errata we have worked on. There is not much for him to work on as MOST things were corrected in the 2nd edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I didn't think it was possible, or at least possible this soon. This could very well be the first game that I pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crackedlcd81 wrote:
Easy folks...this COULD actually be what the Bible was talking about when it mentioned all that mess about the Antichrist...is the number of the beast "750" and not "666" as prophecied?

Anyway, I think I speak for BGG by stating:

Holy shit!

No no, Michael, you've misunderstood. Valley Games is reprinting this, NOT FFG. You needn't be so excited; this will remain a wargame, not an Ameritrash-warmgame hybrid.

To those dark gods I worship who disturb men's dreams when they peer over the lip of the universe: THANK YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.