The Battle of Five Armies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of Goblin Maneuver Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Howell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
When is the extra damage for the goblin maneuver ability applied? The card says it is applied "at the end of the round"; does this mean AFTER the normal combat damage/casualties have been applied? If so, that would mean the shadow army would need to have at least one unit remaining after applying casualties in order to use this special ability. Otherwise, in order to apply one damage to the Free Peoples army the Shadow player would be applying one damage to his own army even though that army had already ceased to exist. Am I interpreting this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure he is. Maneuver abilities are activated after the combat roll but before damage is assigned, so a maneuver ability can still be effective even if those units are killed in the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This particular Maneuver ability is specifically stated to take effect "at the end of the round", which is step 5 of the Combat Sequence, after casualties are taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Goblins...apply a hit to each side? Yes, that makes sense. Silly of me to doubt you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Howell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks for confirming that for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.