Popular Tags: [View All]
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the latest KS update I have couple questions with regards to power dials (assuming we reach the goal):
1. All the dials in update have the same logo above the actual dial. Given they are supposed to be faction specific, will the logo change in KS copies to reflect their belonging to a specific faction and the logo we see now is just for retail copies?
2. How do you plan to handle power dials in the future expansion factions which have spots reserved for them on the board already? It would just be fair that there is a corresponding dial to each faction, especially if 1. is true (which I hope it is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Kirstein
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. this is how i understood it:
due to the fact that only two players are in combat at once there is no need for more than 2 combat dials. so in the retail copies will be only two combat dials.
at the moment there is a poll going on where people can vote their favorite designs. this might influence the decision which artwork is chosen. final word has jakub, as far as i know.
KS backer will get combat dials for all base game factions, if the corresponding sg is reached.

i don't know anything about the expansion factions, sorry.

EDIT: sorry got your question wrong. i think david is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
The symbol above the power dials is the symbol for power in the game. It is not related to factions. Power is what you would be selecting on the dial.

With regard to additional power dials for the expansions, it is important to note that you only ever need two power dials, because only two factions can be involved in combat at one time.

Even with the expansion, the game will remain 1-5, so 5 is sufficient for each player to have their own. While I'm not sure what Jamey intends to do for the expansion, two more power dials for the new factions might be neat, but superfluous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Walker
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have quite a number from playtesting. If anyone really needs extras I can share one or two.snore Just ignore all the sharpie marks.......whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Jamey the same question in the forum about the future expansion factions and whether they would get unique power dials now that these are on the table. Paraphrasing, he could consider them. Maybe as an add on or pre-order bonus.
As already stated, the game doesn't really need more than two power dials. So no guarantees but we can hope since it would be nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the problem. I understand that you only need 2 dials, but we are getting 3 extra so that there is one for each player. Looking at the ones proposed in update we are essentially getting one for each faction color wise not neutral colors. So if someone is using expansion green or purple faction then they don't get a corresponding dial but whatever is left over. If I'm paying $100 for a collectors edition and whatever extra for expansion I want all of it be consistant including green dial for the green player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I can certainly respect that it might bother you to not have all 7 colors to choose from, and I would likely order the extra ones were they made available, I can see this as something that a lot of people would rather not have added to the cost of an expansion. It sounds like Jamey is willing to consider offering it as an add-on, so if that is what happens, it would seem like a good compromise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.