4 Posts

Cthulhu Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff F
Canada
flag msg tools
New to the game, just want to confirm that when you draw cards during your turn because of abilities, you can play them right away, right? Reason why I ask is I've had some incredibly long turns with an insane amount of cards played. Just want to make sure that's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

DarkRaven47 wrote:
New to the game, just want to confirm that when you draw cards during your turn because of abilities, you can play them right away, right? Reason why I ask is I've had some incredibly long turns with an insane amount of cards played. Just want to make sure that's correct.

yep you can play them right away. Look at the Star Realms forum and check the threads regarding high scores made due to card combinations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
DarkRaven47 wrote:

You are playing correctly. When you draw a card it goes into your hand. Once in your hand, it has no "memory" where it came from so it's just like any other card in hand.

While it certainly is possible to string a whole bunch of card draws together and get lots of new cards, are you sure you're doing everything else correctly. For example, if a card has a "Draw Card" icon with both a positive and negative number then the same player first draws cards into hand and then has to discard cards from hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff F
Canada
flag msg tools
xris wrote:
DarkRaven47 wrote:

You are playing correctly. When you draw a card it goes into your hand. Once in your hand, it has no "memory" where it came from so it's just like any other card in hand.

While it certainly is possible to string a whole bunch of card draws together and get lots of new cards, are you sure you're doing everything else correctly. For example, if a card has a "Draw Card" icon with both a positive and negative number then the same player first draws cards into hand and then has to discard cards from hand.

Oh my, no we weren't then. We were discarding a card that was already in play. Oops. Thanks for the clarification on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.