Hide
3 Posts

Elysium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Meaning of Free Transfer in Elysium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anneke Grobler
msg tools
What does a free transfer in Elysium mean? I understand it means you can transfer a card without paying the gold. But does it also mean that you get an additional transfer? If my quest allowed me 2 transfers and I activate the ability on a card that says you can transfer one card for free (like Persephone), can I then transfer 3 cards or can I transfer 2 cards and not pay for the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing to remember is that a trigger effect can only be played during Phase 2, the actions phase; you may not use this ability in phase 3. Persephone, and similar Hades cards, allow you to transfer during the action phase (when you normally can't) and some provide a discount. These are very powerful in that you aren't limited to your quest as far as the number of transfers you can peform. It also means you may claim certain bonus tiles (family or level) outside of the Writing the Legends phase.

The only abilities usable during phase 3 are legends and permanent. See pages 7 and 8 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
To still add the specific answer to your example:
Persephone lets you transfer 1 card to your Elysium (without paying Gold for it) during phase II. The number of transfers your Quest tile allows you to do in phase III is completely independent of that. It does not get reduced for use of Persephone's power (or any other powers).
So if you trigger Persephone and have a Quest tile with a 2 in its lyra symbol, you will have 1 free transfer in phase II due to Persephone and 2 non-free transfers in phase III due to your Quest tile. [Legend powers (the ones with the lyra symbol) might still increase your number of transfers in phase III above what your Quest tile allows you.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.