Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about getting this game but the deluxe copy is twice the price of the base game without the expansions so I'm wondering how good the base game on it's own is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Lloyd
United Kingdom
Holmes Chapel
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game is fine on its own. Although I have the Deluxe version, I haven't added any of the extra free agent packs in yet - but will be doing soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dunnings
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also seen the super deluxe version on either games quest or board game monkey for about £50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as Garry... I have Deluxe and haven't added the 5 expansions yet. I am 9 games in and loving it, both solo and 2 player (haven't had a chance to try 4 player yet, despite many longing looks from others in the game group). The base game is great as is and everyone who has played it loved it and either wanted to play it again or just ordered a copy.

I'm hoping the extra teams get to the UK soon, or I'm going to have to order direct from Eagle-Gryphon, as one of my groups loves tournament play and an eight player tourney would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is great with just the base, plenty of options, plenty of gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great game period/full stop. I have been telling people to get the Super Deluxe because I expect most will really like the game and want to play with the expansions as soon as possible. I think the game is richer with the expansions, but you will still have a great time with the base game. And the expansions will arrive in the UK at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrCookio wrote:
Also seen the super deluxe version on either games quest or board game monkey for about £50.

£60 I think you will find on one of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the deluxe edition with all expansions but after half a dozen very fun games, I haven't added any of the expansions.

Plenty of fun just in the base set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto what everyone else has said. The base game is excellent, the expansions just add more variety and some new wrinkles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your wonderful comments about Baseball Highlights 2045.

The game is selling so well we are going to another reprint. Nothing new this go around; however, these should arrive in a few short months and inject more games into the pipeline for those looking for a copy.

I am already working with Mike for new material in terms of Expansions and Starter Teams for the next go around after this.

Best regards,
Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just the base game and its perfect as it is. It has great replayability and great balance. The balance is so good that I almost don't want to add expansions. What I mean is, I really enjoyed Star Realms but the expansions just added swinginess and broke the balance. I don't want to see this happen with Baseball Highlights 2045. (I'm not saying that's what the expansions do--I don't know--I'm just saying that's what I'm afraid of.)

I'm very happy with only the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the helpful replies the wife has now decided to get me the base game for christmas, so it's going to be a few weeks yet before I get to play it Boo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great for me because I can play it with my dad, my best friend and my nephew. Its strategic enough to be fun for me and simple enough for a non gamer to grasp after a single game. I always look forward to playing and to have someone who doesn't play games often ask to play it again and again is such a rare and fantastic thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful replies the wife has now decided to get me the base game for christmas

Yay!

Rindel wrote:
it's going to be a few weeks yet before I get to play it

Awww.

Hope you enjoy it: not sure I've seen such uniform answering to a question here on BGG before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.