Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When being attacked by the same army during a single activation?
2. When being attacked by different units in the same activation?

I can't find a limit in the rules, although it would make sense that they can't continue to withdraw forever, unless using Cuncutator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Belisarius88 wrote:
1. When being attacked by the same army during a single activation?

10.41 - " ... Once it has finished its Withdrawal Movement, it may not do so again during that Move (although it could Withdraw in a different move in the same Activation).

Quote:
2. When being attacked by different units in the same activation?

Same rule.

So, basically, it can withdraw once during a major move and then once in each of the subsequent minor moves in the same activation. But only once each.

Practically speaking, you'll almost never withdraw an army more than once in an activation - and often not even that much, given the power of cavalry to prevent it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Michael,

Check out 10.41

(10.41) When a moving Army enters an enemy-occupied Land Movement Space, the Defender may Withdraw. To do so, the defending player rolls the die (1d6). The result is the number of Land MP the withdrawing Army may use. It may use fewer, but must use at least one (unless prevented by cavalry or terrain from using any at all, as explained below). Once it has finished its Withdrawal Movement, it may not do so again during that Move (although it could Withdraw in a different move in the same Activation).

So, it could withdraw a potential of 4 times I guess in 1 activation- during a Major Move, the 2 Minor Moves, and if someone has a conqueror card, etc. Unless I'm missing another time.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yep - forgot the Conqueror card (then again, I never get it, so it's almost as if it doesn't exist for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not as bad as getting it but not being able to use it. Or getting it, discarding it at the end of the turn and then getting an Elite leader the next.

yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.