Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in checking this game out as I like the theme & artwork and generally enjoy asymmetric 2 player games.

However, I have seen a number of different comments (both in ratings and blogs) that the game is unbalanced in favour of the Lakia player. Does anyone else have experience of this or do they consider the game to in fact be well balanced (or even unbalanced in favour of Kune!)

Would like to know before I incur shipping costs having it imported!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Giannios
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for considering in checking the game out Tom.
Let me tell one thing, regarding the issue of the game's balance in favor of Lakia.
Since the first games ask of the players to play with their Property cards in arranged batches, the players might have noticed that the Princess can Influence/Convert the courtiers with more ease.
I strongly suggest that in future games the players draft the cards.
Drafting will give a tactical choice as of how they wish to have their gaming style progress.
What's more, feel free to send me a pm with any question or issues that you might have with the game.
Always here to help.
Have fun backstabbing your lapine relatives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoloc wrote:
Thank you for considering in checking the game out Tom.
Let me tell one thing, regarding the issue of the game's balance in favor of Lakia.
Since the first games ask of the players to play with their Property cards in arranged batches, the players might have noticed that the Princess can Influence/Convert the courtiers with more ease.
I strongly suggest that in future games the players draft the cards.
Drafting will give a tactical choice as of how they wish to have their gaming style progress.
What's more, feel free to send me a pm with any question or issues that you might have with the game.
Always here to help.
Have fun backstabbing your lapine relatives!

I just gave the game a first try yesterday and Lakia won by a landslide even though we both felt we played the best we could. If you state that the initial draft is needed to make the game more tactical, why would you suggest that specific distribution of Property cards for the first game? Because looking back we do not understand where Kune went wrong with his strategy. Disappointed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant Lab Games
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played multiple games as Kune and they've always been close (within 1-3 points). I won my last game with Kune by around 20 points. It is possible and really depends on the timing of plot plays. I can say that I've not once felt that Lakia is overpowered out of the gate. Grab the Knight early and take her cards. Makes for a really interesting start.

I have yet to play a drafted game, but that is in the cards (no pun intended).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the knight help in "grabbing her cards." Doesn't she get to choose which card to give you? And if she gives you a property card, you have to give her back one in return. So, how does this help you? The knights purple ability to make your opponent discard 2 cards seems better than his Kune ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.