Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Hi,

If I have a scoring technology on a production that has a basic technology token. Then do I win 2 points per round on the production phase ?

I think we may have messed up some of the rules with those tokens on atlanteans race because at the end they had like 130 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
this is correct. if you have a regular tech token on the spot as well as the star golden tech then it will trigger for 2 points every production round. the atlanteans can score massive points depending on the combos that they get. the other player needs to make sure to raze the buildings that are doing huge point scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree, I think in your example you only get 1 point during the production phase, here is why:

Quote:

Basic Technology tokens modify the Locations they are placed on
in the following manner:
* Placed on a Production Location doubles its production,

Advanced Scoring Technology gives the owner 1 VP each time
the Location it is placed on is used (Production Location produces
resources, ...

The way I read the rules, having both Basic Technology token and Advanced Scoring Technology on a production building, during production phase, will get you:
- 1 point thanks to the advanced scoring token (because the location only "produces" once, how-ever many resources it produces)
- resources produced x2 thanks to the basic technology token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT:

this other thread suggests that my interpretation of the rules is incorrect,

and that "production is doubled" should be read as "produces twice", in which case the 2VP option might be correct...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron is right, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
cool cool cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LateToTheTable wrote:
this is correct. if you have a regular tech token on the spot as well as the star golden tech then it will trigger for 2 points every production round.

Yes, this is correct.... but it is not at all clear in the rules. How hard would it have been to include one example in the rules to clarify this (very important) point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.