Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

A Study in Emerald» Forums » General

Subject: ASie IOS/Android App? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that there are no plans to reprint this game, is there any chance it could find a home on IOS/Android?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the version 2 reprint cancelled?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edt. is available in the wild .. just A Study in Emerald (second edition)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
GdaƄsk
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition is a differant game, so it can't be considered a reprint. As for the app - I'm pretty sure they want to push 2nd edition as a "mass market" product, so even if there would be an app, ih would mosg likely be 2nd edition.

Than again - I don't think this game would ever be popular enought to ge an app.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
2nd edt. is available in the wild .. just A Study in Emerald (second edition)


* I own the original game; two copies actually (lucky me). I consider it far and away the most ingenious game Wallace has ever produced.
* The Second edition is a completely different game than the original, they are not compatible.
* But my post wasn't about either physical version.
* Since there are 'no plans' to reprint the original, the question is whether it might be made into an IOS/Android app version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Valarus wrote:
2nd edition is a differant game, so it can't be considered a reprint. As for the app - I'm pretty sure they want to push 2nd edition as a "mass market" product, so even if there would be an app, ih would mosg likely be 2nd edition.

Than again - I don't think this game would ever be popular enought to ge an app.


Not so sure about that. Gaiman, Lovecraft, Sherlock Holmes... I suspect there's a whole mass of fans out there who would pick this up in short order just because of that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
lievendp wrote:
2nd edt. is available in the wild .. just A Study in Emerald (second edition)


* I own the original game; two copies actually (lucky me). I consider it far and away the most ingenious game Wallace has ever produced.
* The Second edition is a completely different game than the original, they are not compatible.
* But my post wasn't about either physical version.
* Since there are 'no plans' to reprint the original, the question is whether it might be made into an IOS/Android app version?


your best bet is to contact treefrog games directly. If anyone knows, I guess it would be them or the publishers that hold the rights on this game. If that ain't only treefrog.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I sold version 1 of the game zombie
Glad I did.

I CANNOT wait for the 2nd edition coming out from Grey Fox Games laughlaugh


Instant buy for me

http://www.boardgamemuse.com/2015/10/study-in-emerald-2nd-ed...


APP - who knows, but market very narrow IMO...


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Vassal mod for the first edition. Thus it's at least possible to play this on a PC/Mac, just not against an AI...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition and I love the art. Have only gotten it to the table once, but the game was very fun. Not pleased with the art in the 2nd edition. I don't have any problem with streamlining of a game, but I didn't find the original overly confusing. Yeah, there's gray areas, but nothing that I found to be a roadblock. I was also lucky enough to get a 2nd copy via trade, just in case.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.