Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a solo scenario 2, the first of six "Operation Zitadelle" scenarios. It has large amount of committed forces with the Soviets actually adding a "midline" between the front and rear lines. Germans need to clear the front and mid lines to win and the Soviets need to gain 75 VPs.

Well it turned out to be a romp with the Luftwaffe clearing the rear/mid lines while the panzers and grenadiers poured through the Soviet heroes trying to hold the frontline. After 3 turns the Soviets, at 22 VPs, only had an abandoned SU152 in the rearline. The Germans had a mortar team, 3 rifles, a tank hunter, a MG, 2 Tigers, 1 PzIV, and FW190 holding the field.

I probably shouldn't have started all the Soviet units in the frontline, thought it would trade some kills and buy time while the mid/rear built up. It was not enough to hold for long and only a rifle made it to the midline from the reserves while rockets, armor, and artillery were sitting crewless in the Soviet hand (Doh!).

I enjoyed the scenario's large starting forces and the midline feature, on to Pt2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool report Gary!

Those scenarios were fun to write. Had the actual opening of Zitadelle gone that well for the Germans, the outcome could have been quite different.

Enjoy part 2! The battles get even bigger...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.