Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

i tried to get the plasic glues that are recommended in the other thread, but they are 30€+ on amazon.de :)

so i´m looking for a glue that i can use and order from amazon.de.

i would like to have one with a applicator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
Hi,

i tried to get the plasic glues that are recommended in the other thread, but they are 30€+ on amazon.de

so i´m looking for a glue that i can use and order from amazon.de.

i would like to have one with a applicator.

I use http://www.amazon.de/Pattex-Sekundenkleber-Ultra-Gel-PSG4C/d... for pretty much all my miniatures. Tried plastic glue in the old days, did not like it much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm ok thats normal glue...

i have 1€ cheap super glue here... i used it to glue shadows of brimstone...
it worked... so i´m only afraid i do smth wrong to the kdm minis with this cheap glue :)

what could be the problems if you use such cheap glue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Testors liquid model glue. For hard plastic, there is no better glue to use IMHO.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I've tried both superglue and plastic glue and the plastic glue has been working better. Right now I have Games Workshop plastic glue. I don't particularly recommend it. I've used Testor's and Tamiya's liquid glue happily in the past.

Regardless, superglue will work and bond nearly as well once fully dry. The trick with superglue is to fit the pieces very well, since it likes surfaces with no air present. Plastic glue works by slightly softening the plastic so that it essentially welds together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Handley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Humbrol do a brush on plastic glue. That is good when you want enough to glue, but not so much it will obscure details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian L
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sebastian,

I also use cheap super glue (from 1€-Läden) and the only problem I found is that you cant control the flow very well because it's so fluid. But I found a super glue gel the other day, that is more controlable... I don't think that the expensive super glues work so much better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you give me a Link where i can buy that gel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen H
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Tamiya extra thin works very well. It's very thin and is applied with a brush.
You can either apply the glue to one of the pieces and then press them together or hold the pieces together and then apply the glue to the seam.
Capillary action takes care of the rest. I usually combine both methods.

Another plastic glue is UHU special. It should be available in your local Baumarkt. It has a metal tip applicator, but because of this tends to clog up.

Revell Plastikkleber is also widely available and can sometimes be found in toystores in the plastik kit section (car and plane kits). It also has a metal applicator tip.

Personally i prefer the Tamiya glue, but also use the others in some cases where the thin glue isn't working as well (like glueing models to face bases).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
I use Testors liquid model glue. For hard plastic, there is no better glue to use IMHO.

-Ski

That's what I'm using in the black squeeze bottle with the needle tip. I will squeeze some out on the end of a toothpick, then spread the drop into an even layer on the piece being attached. That allows me much better control on the amount rather than trying to apply the drop directly to the mini. Unless it's a big seam, like on the larger monsters. Then I run a bead of the cement and then spread it around on the surface with the toothpick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Wanders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
http://www.amazon.de/Revell-39604-Plastikkleber-Contact-Prof...

Is a personal favourite of mine.
Has the fine needle to get the glue in the right spot in the right amount.
Also, it's cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.