Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if there are not enough market tiles to refill the market? Do you just refill as many spaces as possible? Do players receive compensation from the bank for spaces that remain empty?

I note that pg 6, section 6.0, states that used tiles are discarded and returned to the box, which suggests that they are removed from the game and are not, for example, reshuffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we had this same thing happening in our first game yesterday and Alexandre (the designer) said that you refill as much as you can and the rest is covered up with discard tiles for example...

He didn't say whether or not you received compensation for those covered up tiles... we played that you did receive...

have to say I wasn't a big fan of this situation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened in our game, we just reshuffled the grey tiles and refilled up the empty spots, that part is random anyways so we just thought what's the difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
We had one tile left over in our 3P game today. We did run out of cubes, so used some from another game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Uli about this yesterday, he will look into it.

It seems it never happened before in all their playtesting.

Alexandre did say you get compensation for each "empty" space on a row/column you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:
Same thing happened in our game, we just reshuffled the grey tiles and refilled up the empty spots, that part is random anyways so we just thought what's the difference?

The ones with ressources on them or money or whatever will make more ressources available without being intended. Which has effects on the actions. Because you won't need as many ressources or money actions.

Next thing: The playing order gets weaker. When there is nothing left you need to be first to get what you want. This is a information that is open.

My thought is: Why not listen to the designer? He thought of this way more often and intense then we did. And came up with a sulotion he thinks is best.

But maybe I am just crazy and worry to much...

But there are reasons for this to make a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right Ode, i also prefer to consider them empty spaces rather than filling the market with other tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Uli uploaded an updated FAQ, but I haven't seen an explicit clarification on whether players receive compensation for the empty spaces.

The wording in the rulebook is simply "for each empty space in his row/column a player receives compensation of one Aero from the bank" and the FAQ says that "empty spaces stay empty." So, I assume that players do receive compensation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NikolasCo wrote:
I see that Uli uploaded an updated FAQ, but I haven't seen an explicit clarification on whether players receive compensation for the empty spaces.

The wording in the rulebook is simply "for each empty space in his row/column a player receives compensation of one Aero from the bank" and the FAQ says that "empty spaces stay empty." So, I assume that players do receive compensation.

To me that is pretty clear. Your conclusion is reasonable. And right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like i wrote above, Alexandre said players get 1 aero for each empty row/column space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.