Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see some cards allowing you to turn them over. But other then in those rare occasion, what advantage does it bring to place a card down on a friendly district?

Thanks in advance for any help or opinion on the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tembleweeds and/or cricket noise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
I see some cards allowing you to turn them over. But other then in those rare occasion, what advantage does it bring to place a card down on a friendly district?

Thanks in advance for any help or opinion on the matter.

Maxx_Yazz wrote:
Tembleweeds and/or cricket noise.

Uhm. This game isn't exactly popular. Not a lot of activity.

(I will try to answer, but I am not sure I understood the point of the question.)

Playing cards face down (in your friendly district, or elsewhere thanks to some ability) is useful to bluff. Your opponents can not be sure the cards face down are enough to win the stake or not.
Maybe you are playing bad cards hoping in a better draw next turn... and your 3 cards are actually worth a total of 2. Maybe they will waste a new card on that stake, forced to play suboptimally.
That's the only use for face down cards.

There are abilities to reveal them, but usually they are a bit underpowered for the cost. (I rarely play nowadays but I had that impression.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I was not even sure facedown cards counted in any way. This precision helps me understand the game better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.