trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
A lone man was sitting in the room. His legs were crossed, his palms were resting on his knees. His name was Teodor. At this moment he was thinking about the past.His thoughts drift to his late master Gregor, who died almost a year ago and left him in charge of a small Echo base. He was the last master psion and that thought pained him. Gregor was not only his teacher but almost a father, whose wisdom guided him along a perilous path he was walking. Without him, Teodor felt alone and the task he inherited seemed almost unmanageable to accomplish. All were looking up to him for guidance and wisdom, and he haven’t felt ready. Maybe he will never feel ready. He looked at the old clock standing on top of his desk. Seventeen past one in the morning. The base was silent. Everybody but him was sleeping. Teodor took a deep breath to calm his thoughts and began his meditation. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. There were three words silently escaping his lips, as if thay were too shy to disturb the silence hanging in the room. I am not... I am not. I am not… Over and over and over again. I am not. He focused all of his psychic power on this single thought. Reality surrounding him began to dissolve. Time came to a halt. His spirit was slowly slipping from his body, like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon. Feeling free from his earthly restrains he opened his inner eye and gazed at the veil shrouding the future from the past. He very well remembered Gregor ‘s teaching . – Time dosen’t exist Teodor, like gravity it’s only a chain holding our mortal bodies. Free your mind form that chain and see -. He was drifting in the void, staring at the veil, hoping to pierce it, to catch a glimpse of things that are to come. He closed his inner eye. His mind filled with colors and sounds, he was on the other side. Teodor’s spirit was soaring high above a mountain chain with wind as his only companion. He looked at the world below, at the rocky mountains, then at the ragged hills surrounding a valley, then at the city crouched in the middle of the valley. Everything down there seemed so far, so unimportant. He left the mountain behind and soared towards that lone city. A thought in the back of his mind was telling him he knows it. Something catch his eye. Movement. There was something moving in the hills. From his altitude it looked like ants. He dropped lower in huge arcs. With every meter closer to earth, he could more clearly see that what he first thought as ants weren’t ants at all. He felt the flame of his anger growing in his chest. One word filled with hate and venom came out on his lips – Order -.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Order of the Echolight
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Robert! The story sounds great to me, and Im looking forward to seeing the rest of the scenario But I'm not good with writing the stories and RT is best at this! So is this a Echo vs Order scenario using the rescue operation scenario, or is there something more to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you.
It was harder then I thought to write that in english. This week I probably won't be able to do any games (me and my friend work longer shifts), so I decided I'll write something (or at least I try ). I came up with this when it about rescue operation scenario. Hope you'll like the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
A huge brood of four armed carnages was roaming the hills, sniffing and checking every fissure, every hole . They were like bloodhounds looking for their pray. Teodor counted at least fifty of them. In the midst of them stood a creature, unmoving like the silent eye of a tornado. He recognized it. Breed in the deepest parts of the Basement, the nethermancers were evil incarnate, their sole purpose was to eradicate mankind and one of them was staring at the remains of the city. Surrounding him waited a pack of fallen, their muscles taunt, ready to protect their master. They weren’t the only guardians of the nethermancer. Two meters behind him stood a monster named by the humans abomination. Master psion seen them many times spearheading order’s assaults, slaughtering all who crossed their path. But this was one was different. It was bigger, easily the size of a tank with countless scars on his chitin armor. A mountain of muscles and jaws. Teodor descent halted few meters above the nethermancer. He looked at the sun, it was close to noon. He wished he could reach with his mind and read that creature thoughts, but it wasn’t possible, not with all his power focused on sustaining the image. Without a word the whole force began moving towards the mountains. The direction of their advance surprised Teodor, until he realized one thing.
– They were only scouting - . At that precise moment he knew they will be back when the night sets. With no time to waist master psion closed his inner eye and began slipping back into his shell. The weight and the limitations of his body was a thing which took few seconds to get accustomed to. Senses were coming back one by one. Teodor became one with his body again. His lips were still repeating those three word - I am not – like an automaton. He took a deep breath, opened his eyes and looked at old clock. It was twenty past three a.m.
– There’s still time -. Master psion thought about the vision. Silence was calming down his racing thoughts. His second sight rarely took him far and there were only two cities close to their base and only one of them match the image – Leoburg. It was one of the so called “Free Cities” runned by rebels. It was so unimportant that the combine didn’t even bothered with reclaiming it. The direction of his thoughts shifted. The force he seen was too big to slip unnoticed by both his and rebel’s scouts. Something he and his teacher feared was coming to life. There was opened portal hidden deep in the bowels of the mountains. They did sent many scouting parties to look for it in the past, but there were too little of them to check kilometers and kilometers on caves and tunnels running under the mountains. Even if his force was hundred times bigger it was like looking for a needle in a stack of hay. In mere seconds he came up with a plan. Teodor expanded his mind and felt the sleeping minds of his brethren.
– So little of us. So little – he thought with sadness. Those who weren’t heavily wounded he gently woke up and showed them the plan. They knew what was expected of them. The base came to life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am loving these! Great job, Robert. Some of my favorite parts of STA is the fiction that people (mostly RT) have contributed here. It really helps make the world come to life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sojar wrote:
Thank you.
It was harder then I thought to write that in english.

Welcome... Suffering from the same for years.
Do you end it with the felling that you say the right thing with the wrong words to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baalrukh wrote:
Sojar wrote:
Thank you.
It was harder then I thought to write that in english.

Welcome... Suffering from the same for years.
Do you end it with the felling that you say the right thing with the wrong words to?

For what it's worth, I REALLY appreciate you guys taking the time not only to write these stories but to do so in English. I know it's a lot of extra work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
That's precisely is the feeling RT

Thank you. If you willing to wait a bit longer I post the rest (most of the writing I do at work, usualy on a piece of paper and then I have to rewrite it again at home).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
They were waiting. Teodor looked at the sun, it was close to noon. The enemy will be here soon and his soldiers were almost ready. He spilt his force in to four groups. Going with the advice of best tacticians the base had to offer, he deployed the best pyromancer supported by a small attachment of veteran psi-blades guarding the direct road to Leoburg. They all were afraid that when the bloodshed begins some of the enemy creatures could go berserker and assault the city. He thought about the humans who lived there. They hated him. They hated all of echo. He knew what caused it. It was the basic human instinct – the fear of the unknown. They were afraid of their abilities. In the eyes of human they all were tainted. Teodor looked over his shoulder at the man standing behind him. He was almost two meters tall, clad in a old combine uniform with his hands resting calmly on a nethergun. With chalk white skin and black eyes he looked like every other chimera in his force. He didn’t choose to be like it. None of the chimeras had any choice, but it didn’t matter for humans. For them the only thing that counted was their look. For them the similarity between echo’s chimeras and order’s fallen was to close. Appearances. It was always about appearances. And fear. He felt it every time they exchanged the last of the most valuable recourses that were left. Water, medicine, ammunition. In a sort of way they were relying on themselves . Gregor loved to end all trades with rebels with a smile and his famous quote,
- You can’t be picky when it comes to battle of survival. - Teodor will remember the sour look on the rebel faces for rest of his life.
Master psion gazed at the city thinking that they won’t even know what will happen today. How many lives will be lost to protect them. Lives of humans and chimeras. – What an irony. – He thought about sending them a message, but changed his mind. The massage could end up reaching ears that belonged to the enemy. Even today there were still humans who sided with Basement. Covens and cult hides from sight, disguised. He couldn’t risk it. The price was too great.
An alien thought appeared in his mind, then another one. His disciples were ready and with them two of the groups. Both of them consisted of chimera allies. Among them were his best mindbenders coordinating the attack. Teodor knew the fourth group was waiting only for his signal. There were six on them, elite psi-blades, waiting in a shallow cave near the place where he seen the nethermancer . All of them volunteered for this task, knowing that most won’t come back. They were to assault the nethermancer directly, to shatter his psychic grip holding the order’s force in a steel fist. He reached them with his mind.
– Good hunting, proceed – Teodor’s image of them began to dissolve as all six of psi-blades raised their psychic invisibility. With their minds cloaked no amount on psi-probing could sense them. They were on their own until the battle begins.
First carnages were flooding over the hills.
– Patience – master psion said to himself. – Patience -.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trebor akim
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Teodor felt a strange mix of excitement and nervousness coming, crushing like waves form all direction. There was something else hiding under it. Fear. They were afraid. All of them will kill, some of them will die. They all knew it. The odd thing was that they wanted to be done with it, quick and simple. You live or you die. Waiting was the worst part. The feeling of being suspended between life and death. Thinking, - Will there be a bullet with my name on it? - Every living thing dies slowly from the moment it’s born. Every conscious thing knows it and every conscious thing want to avoid the inevitable. In this precise moment everyone them was thinking about death, about the way it will approach them. Will it be swift and painless? One moment you live, another you’re dead, without even noticing it. Or will come slowly with endless agony as it’s herald?

He looked around at the people surrounding him. Every one of them had his own way to cope with it. Anna, master pyromancer was playing with a little flame, flickering it between her fingers. Adam, veteran psi-blade, his personal bodyguard was extending and retracting his blade while whispering a prayer. He was one of very few who still believed in the existence of god. Teodor turned his head to glance at huge chimera standing behind him, Peter, his second bodyguard and the best tactician he ever met. The battle plan was his idea. Peter wasn’t his real name, after the metamorphosis he changed it. He was the only calm person in the group, sometimes it bothered master psion in a odd way. He was just standing there, gently stroking the tip of his gun and looking at the approaching horde. – Maybe it was the countless battles he witness - Teodor thought, - or maybe it was the scar on his soul. – Year ago when Peter joined echo he told Gregor and him about his past. About his family, dead family. The day they died, he died. Now he was just a empty shell, a machine. There’s was no place for feelings inside of him. Even seeds of hate toward his former combine commanders died out in such a barren wasteland. Teodor knew what was his battle ritual. He focused on others, so he won’t focus on himself. He knew it was the only way for him cope, to don’t think, to avoid the inevitable.

The air around them was filled with noise. Howling and shrieks of the carnages. The beasts were getting closer with every second. Even from the distance it was hard not to fill their smell. Rotten meat and blood. His stomach was responding to it. From his hiding, Teodor could see them approaching the place where six psi-blade were waiting. He hoped their psychic invisibility will protect them, at least until the prize will show up.

All of sudden everything was quiet. It felt like every second took a longer route from now to then. All carnages lowered their heads, too afraid to make even the smallest sound. He appeared in the midst of the beasts like Venus form the sea. Shroud in dread and glory. The power emanating from him was terrible to behold. All beast looked at him in awe. He was their god. He was their nethermancer.

With eyes set on his prize, Teodor sent one word to his soldiers, – Proceed –
And the slaughter began.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.