Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Warfighter Campaigns state the following in regards to earning Campaign Points:
Warfighter rules wrote:
At the end of the Mission, the Team earns Campaign Points (CPs) equal to the Objective's Location number.

And this in regards to earning Victory Points:
Warfighter rules wrote:
Gain and lose Victory Points (VPs) at the end of each Mission:
Gain VPs equal to the Objective card's Location. Lose 1 VP for each Non-Player Soldier or Squad Soldier that is Medically Discharged.

How does Player Soldier Wadyko's special ability, "During Set-Up, move the Objective 1 Path space closer to the Mission card", affect the accumulation of CP, and VP?

I feel as if it shouldn't impact it at all, as I actively recruited Wadyko instead of another Player Soldier, but I can see both sides. Either you earn CP, and VP equal to the Objective's listed Location on the Mission Card, or where it actually ended up after set-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that this is situation is specifically addressed in the rulebook, but I don't adjust accumulation of victory and campaign points in a campaign if the objective gets moved for any reason. For the purpose of accumulating VP and CP I treat the objective location number on the card as a constant, even if the location moves due to campaign adjustment, soldier abilities, or card play.

The way CP and VP are worded in the rulebook I could see this being interpreted either way, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this works both from a rules-as-written and spirit of the rules viewpoint. The rules say CPs are award based on the objective location number, which is given on the card. It does not say to give points based on where the objective ends up after being adjusted.

The spirit of the CP rule is that you get awarded points for a mission that would "normally" be at that distance - the 'cost' of Wadyko is a factor which affects your overall squad build, and its benefit is incorporated.

Now, VPs says they are awarded based on the objective card's location, according to your quote, so if the location is closer, you get fewer points. Makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
Now, VPs says they are awarded based on the objective card's location, according to your quote, so if the location is closer, you get fewer points. Makes sense to me.
What you're saying sounds reasonable, but it means that I'll have to play again without Wadyko just to set a new high score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going with Christopher O's clarification since that's exactly what the rules as written state. So I'm scoring fewer VP for having Wadyko on my team, but accruing CP as normal.

I updated my original post by putting the especially relevant rule text in bold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.