Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game I'm playing, the U Khas the CBI front in the space before Japan (I can't remember the name, but the one that gives the UK 5 points) and the Central Pacfic is in the space before Japan (again, can't remember but it gives the US 5 points).

Let's say that the UK helps the US front into Japan, and the UK front stays on the 5 point space. Does that mean the UK gets the 5 points from the CBI front in addition to the 8 points for the C. pacific front taking Japan?

It seems that the UK would, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
In a game I'm playing, the U Khas the CBI front in the space before Japan (I can't remember the name, but the one that gives the UK 5 points) and the Central Pacfic is in the space before Japan (again, can't remember but it gives the US 5 points).

Let's say that the UK helps the US front into Japan, and the UK front stays on the 5 point space. Does that mean the UK gets the 5 points from the CBI front in addition to the 8 points for the C. pacific front taking Japan?

Correct, UK would get 13 VPs and the US receives 8 VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Edit: Ninja's by the man himself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

I'm confused on this. How can UK help USA into Japan from the Central Pacific? Does this mean that USA could help USSR into Germany and get 8 points, even though the GIs are still on Normandy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

I'm confused on this. How can UK help USA into Japan from the Central Pacific? Does this mean that USA could help USSR into Germany and get 8 points, even though the GIs are still on Normandy?

Because you can place support markers (naval/offensive) wherever you want. You're not restricted to fronts of your own color. It's a way of pressuring recalcitrant allies to get the war going if they're dragging their feet. All fronts MUST attempt to advance if they can. In this case the UK is supplying the war material to aid the Invasion of Japan. In a way it represents the UK successfully winning the argument for invasion of Japan and getting the US military on board (in turn pressuring the politicians to give the green light for Olympic and Coronet).

In the case of the US assisting Russia imagine that the offensive support represents winning the argument for an attack against Germany which the Russians approved on the condition of additional lend lease.

Of course the US won't gain points for Russia entering Germany (Only the US/UK share points in many but not all fronts). However the US may want to force Russia's hand if they need Germany to surrender to avoid victory condition 3 at the end of the game while western allied forces are still stuck in Normandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
huffman123 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Because you can place support markers (naval/offensive) wherever you want. You're not restricted to fronts of your own color. It's a way of pressuring recalcitrant allies to get the war going if they're dragging their feet. All fronts MUST attempt to advance if they can. In this case the UK is supplying the war material to aid the Invasion of Japan. In a way it represents the UK successfully winning the argument for invasion of Japan and getting the US military on board (in turn pressuring the politicians to give the green light for Olympic and Coronet).

In the case of the US assisting Russia imagine that the offensive support represents winning the argument for an attack against Germany which the Russians approved on the condition of additional lend lease.

Of course the US won't gain points for Russia entering Germany (Only the US/UK share points in many but not all fronts). However the US may want to force Russia's hand if they need Germany to surrender to avoid victory condition 3 at the end of the game while western allied forces are still stuck in Normandy.

Franscisco, you are I are on the same page. But in the example above, I infer from Mark's comments that we are wrong.

If I understand correctly, Mark said that the UK gets 8 pts for helping the USA defeat Japan, and because the CBI front missed their roll and didn't advance, the UK also gets the 5 points for the CBI front.

This implies that if the USA helps USSR enter Germany, that the USA gets 8 points for Germany being defeated.

Maybe if Mark or Bruce could cite the rules that they are using, it would be more clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
colmenarez wrote:
huffman123 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Franscisco, you are I are on the same page. But in the example above, I infer from Mark's comments that we are wrong.

If I understand correctly, Mark said that the UK gets 8 pts for helping the USA defeat Japan, and because the CBI front missed their roll and didn't advance, the UK also gets the 5 points for the CBI front.

This implies that if the USA helps USSR enter Germany, that the USA gets 8 points for Germany being defeated.

Maybe if Mark or Bruce could cite the rules that they are using, it would be more clear to me.

Per 9.4.G:

Axis Surrender
G. 8 VP per Axis country where they have a Front (all US and
UK Fronts give 8 points to both the US and the UK)

Is that what you are confused about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are using this rule

Quote:
9.4 Victory Point Schedule:

Axis Surrender
G. 8 VP per Axis country where they have a Front (all US and UK Fronts give 8 points to both the US and the UK)

UK didn't gained points because they helped, they gained because Japan surrends when a front reach it and both US and UK gain the 8 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP... given the surprising characteristics of scoring in the Pacific, there are no dumb scoring questions concerning it

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
[q="huffman123"][q="colmenarez"][q="huffman123

Per 9.4.G:

Axis Surrender

We totally haven't been playing that way!!! cry

Ah, to read the rules is a wonderful thing!!blush

Sorry if I confused anyone else.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:
[q="huffman123"][q="colmenarez"][q="huffman123

Per 9.4.G:

Axis Surrender

We totally haven't been playing that way!!! cry

Ah, to read the rules is a wonderful thing!!blush

Sorry if I confused anyone else.whistle

No problem, its a lot to absorb in the early going. I would make sure that you use the schedule starting with A and working your way down when you score the game, until you have a handle on its details.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.