Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 6 of the "Rules Reference" book, the very last bullet point under "Despair Tokens" reads...

"If all three despair tokens are on the time track when Dracula chooses a city location card, advance the influence track by three."

Nowhere else in either rule book, not even in the sections that discuss Dracula's earned influence or game winning conditions, does this get mentioned. However if I'm interpreting the above statement correctly, once that third despair token is in place, Dracula will earn 3 influence during every single Dracula Phase as long as he isn't at sea or using a power card.

Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
On page 6 of the "Rules Reference" book, the very last bullet point under "Despair Tokens" reads...

"If all three despair tokens are on the time track when Dracula chooses a city location card, advance the influence track by three."

Nowhere else in either rule book, not even in the sections that discuss Dracula's earned influence or game winning conditions, does this get mentioned. However if I'm interpreting the above statement correctly, once that third despair token is in place, Dracula will earn 3 influence during every single Dracula Phase as long as he isn't at sea or using a power card.

Is that correct?

The rule is clear on Dracula's character card. Influence will advance 3 every time he plays a city location or Hide, so if you have played 3 weeks, the game is going to end very quickly from that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes but FYI I've played twice and have never gotten to 3 despair tokens on the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
squash wrote:

Is that correct?

The rule is clear on Dracula's character card. Influence will advance 3 every time he plays a city location or Hide, so if you have played 3 weeks, the game is going to end very quickly from that point.

Thanks for the immediate response!!

At this point I've scoured both rule books with a fine-toothed comb and even read over every card in the game, but haven't bothered to read the text on the character mats. Clearly I need to take a look at those, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
yes but FYI I've played twice and have never gotten to 3 despair tokens on the track.

If you don't mind me prying for a bit more info, how did those 2 games turn out, Joel? Have you played either of the previous editions to be able to compare the overall feel of the new one (I'm a very experienced 2nd edition player)?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played ether the 1st or 2ed
I only Watched Rahdo's gameplay run-through of the 2ed
I played Dracula both times. I won both times.
My wife was playing all 4 good guys and its a lot to do on that side.
2nd game i had gotten the 2nd Despair Token on the board and Van had found me lurking around Bucharest I had started in Cadiz and he got on my trail around the 5th move with an event. I was able to delay them 2 times and get to land and healed once back to full health I started again trying to make my way to Castle Dracula but didnt make it there before i Had 13 Influence.
My trail was as follows
Cadiz, Lisbon, Madrid, Alicante, Mediterranean Sea, Marseilles, Wolf form to Munich, Zagreb, Sarajevo, Sofia, Wolf Form to Constanta, Bucharest, Hide, Found in Bucharest and fought and then Escape as mist, Lord Arthur Godalming moved to Bucharest starting another round of combat with to hunters i was able to bit Van and send him to the hospital and then used Escape as mist and on my turn Matured a Vampyr and won the game.

Its very fun First cat & mouse game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dystopian Dreamer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that anyone will see this, and it's a pretty pedantic point, but you don't get the 3rd despair token until the beginning of the 4th week, and that's when Dracula will start to quickly rack up points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.