Popular Tags: [View All]
Manjula Guneratne
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
There are 2 specific spots on the board to build plows and peat boats. I just want to clarify, is it still possible to build them in the vehicle spots as well or are can they only be built in those spots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game yesterday and had the exact same question.

Now I re-read the rules and think:
Building a "vehicle" does not include plows or peat boats.

It says in the rule book, page 14:
Quote:
Point 3):
There are 6 different types of Vehicles. They have different costs (and different Victory Point values – VP):
- Handcart (0 VP)
- Wagon (1 VP)
- Cart (1 VP)
- Horse Cart (2 VP)
- Carriage (4 VP)
- Droshky (5 VP)

Point Number 3 is cited in the spots which speak about "building a vehicle". So it suggests that you can neither build a plow nor a peat boat unless the action allows you to build one. Rather than saying that you can build a vehicle.

Edit:
This point is clarified once again on page 11:
Quote:
Plows and Peat Boats are not considered
Vehicles, although – like Vehicles – they must be kept in the Barn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand what you guys are talking about. The player board (from memory) has 4 slots on the left for ploughs, hand carts and boats. These can only be built here. The other side has 3 larger slots for the large wagons. However the last slot on the right side can hold a smaller "vechile" or a big one that is why it has a kind of smaller insert there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wi1ky wrote:
I do not understand what you guys are talking about. The player board (from memory) has 4 slots on the left for ploughs, hand carts and boats. These can only be built here. The other side has 3 larger slots for the large wagons. However the last slot on the right side can hold a smaller "vechile" or a big one that is why it has a kind of smaller insert there.

The question was if peat boats and plows can be built within a "Build a vehicle" action.
For example the Laborer let's you build a vehicle. This "vehicle" does only include the ones I listed above. With this action you can not build a peat boat or a plow.

And yes, every spot that holds a small vehicle can also hold a peat boat or a plow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
wi1ky wrote:

I believe the OP is talking about the shared board where you place your workers to carry out actions, not the individual player boards where you store your vehicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

I believe the OP is talking about the shared board where you place your workers to carry out actions, not the individual player boards where you store your vehicles.

Yes, of course he is talking about the worker spots.
He says
Quote:
spots [...] to build [...]

which makes it pretty clear that he is talking about worker spots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops my bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.