Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
I want to play to this game but the only new box I found on the web is the first edition (here, on the BGG Shop). Does someone has the The Hunters Update Pack to the 2nd edition to sell (for Europe)????

Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
verify this with some other threads, but IIRC you don't really need the upgrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same thing, just a different printing run.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1320496/second-edition-vs-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. No difference between 2nd Print run and what will be our third printing available now for preorder. And original first printing will actual work just fine as well! You can download the updated rules at consimpress.com. Here is a direct URL:

http://www.consimpress.com/downloads/the-hunters/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not entirely true.
Revised rules, revised charts AND additionnal chits.
They are not essential and they are not many either, that is true, but still, the second printing has slightly different content.
Saying otherwise is not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Additional chits.

There's one capital ship counter missing the "flag" symbol indicating you get a Knight's Cross if you sink it. Not exactly a game breaker. So that's a counter change, not an additional chit.

The ONE "additional" chit is the "surfaced/submerged" counter (which nobody even asked for or wanted in 3 years of testing, I might add.) Again, not exactly a big deal. We never seemed to forget if we were surfaced or submerged, I guess. But a couple people wanted one and complained, so we made one for the Second Printing.

Type VIIA has an extra reload in the aft it shouldn't, and there's a few other minor changes to subs (Type VIID).

In my opinion, with the updated rules, the first edition is perfectly playable as is. Silent Victory WILL include the one changed counter and a surfaced/submerged counter for Hunters though, if you really really have to have those. Sadly the free update kits are long gone.

Baylock is technically correct, but again, in my opinion, you'll be just fine. I hope you enjoy the game!

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What Greg said....

Playing with the original print edition is fine. Downloading the rules and player aid cards is recommended as it includes errata, etc. -- but outside of that, the differences are minor (we added a few spare counters, one errata capital ship counter, and one bonus surface/submerged counter).

From the standpoint of wanting to play the game but not having access to the 2nd print run, playing the original edition will hopefully bring you many hours of enjoyment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you guys for all your advice!!!

I am in a trade for a copy of the 1st edition, plus the update kit. I can't wait to receive a positive answer to start my hunts!!!

About the already published games but OOP, it could be really interesting to ask the publishers to propose a Print-On-Demand solution. I don't care about the box (which cost a lot), but to have the rulebook, the playbook, the counters sheets, the maps (else if not mounted maps) and all the player aids.

To break the high cost of shipping fees to Europe, it could be possible to have a business agreement with an European game printer. So, we, European gamers, we could have these POD games at low costs.

IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is already downloadable, including the counter sheets, at Consimpress.com, so you can already get everything for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmer wrote:
RE: Additional chits.

There's one capital ship counter missing the "flag" symbol indicating you get a Knight's Cross if you sink it. Not exactly a game breaker. So that's a counter change, not an additional chit.

The ONE "additional" chit is the "surfaced/submerged" counter (which nobody even asked for or wanted in 3 years of testing, I might add.) Again, not exactly a big deal. We never seemed to forget if we were surfaced or submerged, I guess. But a couple people wanted one and complained, so we made one for the Second Printing.

Type VIIA has an extra reload in the aft it shouldn't, and there's a few other minor changes to subs (Type VIID).

In my opinion, with the updated rules, the first edition is perfectly playable as is. Silent Victory WILL include the one changed counter and a surfaced/submerged counter for Hunters though, if you really really have to have those. Sadly the free update kits are long gone.

Baylock is technically correct, but again, in my opinion, you'll be just fine. I hope you enjoy the game!

Greg
Game Designer

Mine was the 2nd printing, so I never knew the surf/subm counter was a new item. I do find it very useful, and am glad it was included..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey James,

RE: Surfaced/Submerged.
Well, if you find it useful, then I'm glad we made it, even if post facto.
Honestly though, it just never came up in 3 years of testing, like I said. So I refuse to feel guilty about not including it from the get go

There's one in Silent Victory though. Live and learn

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice, but not necessary. Though having one now, it would be hard to go back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I would of liked having a hard copy of the rules and player aid cards with errata. Not print my self copies.
There were none update kits left when I got in touch with them. So I presume they made less kits then what was required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.