GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,612 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

7 Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Which cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kucirek
Denmark
flag msg tools
From looking at the pictures posted here I can see that there seems to be to types of deck of cards. One has each civilization represented by a specific icon (Alexander for the Macedonians, a Cross of Iron for the Germans, Uncle Sam for the United States, a vase for the Ming etc.) and pictures of significant monuments of said civilization. The other deck of cards seem to display no difference except of course for the information on the cards.

Can anyone tell me which set of cards is included in games sold i Denmark?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there are only one kind of cards. Each card consists of four parts; destiny number (used in battles and trade), empire (used when starting and keeping track of an empire), action (used whenever possible) and artifact (wonders of the world, religion, governments and inventions). The players must choose what to use a specific card as, only one of the parts can be used.

Example of cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Father of All wrote:
The other deck of cards seem to display no difference except of course for the information on the cards.

You must be referring to the plain cards which appear in the image-gallery. Those appear to be a pre-publication sample (note that the image is copyright 2003), which doesn't reflect the cards in the actual game.

E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kucirek
Denmark
flag msg tools
Yes, I was referring to the cards in the pictures with the caption "The giant map" and "A sample of the cards". I can see that they're copyright 2003.

Thanks a lot! That solves my question. I'll be looking forward to gaming my way through all seven ages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.