34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Incomplete Werewolf at BGG.Con rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now that I'm actually going, I hope to run another Incomplete game one evening - Friday or Saturday probably preferred.
I thought I would actually post rules etc here (and allow provisional sign-ups and requests for a fixed time).

If you aren't coming to BGG Con, hopefully you will play a version I'll put up on the forum in the next couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what that is, but I will play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incomplete – A Spy Werewolf Game

Theme – You are all agents of an espionage ring. Unfortunately, your agency has been infiltrated, and some of your number are trying to take the rest of you out.
Each of you has managed to gather information on who is loyal (good team) and who is treacherous (evil team), but only in terms of your codenames.
Time is running out to catch the traitors!

Aim of the game –
Evil Players seek to achieve Wolf parity. Cultist counts for parity in this game.
Good players seek to eliminate all Wolves. Cultist need not be eliminated.

Equipment:
Each player will receive a numbered envelope (numbers for Mod use only, no in-game relevance)

Each envelope will contain 7 cards. You may not SHOW any card to another player, though you may TRADE some cards (see below). Tradeable cards are colored blue, non-tradeable are colored white.

Card 1: Rolename NOT TRADEABLE
Rolename will be a basic werewolf role:
Evil roles – Wolf, Sorcerer, Cultist
Good roles – Seer, Martyr, Parity Hunter, Villager

Of these,
Wolf and Seer are Max roles
Sorcerer, Cultist, Martyr and Parity Hunter are Aux roles

A player must NEVER, even on death, reveal his or her Role card to any other player.
Really, please don't!

Wolves will know each other at game start, but will not know their Auxes.
Cultist will know one Wolf at game start.
Sorcerer and Seer will not receive N0 views.

Card 2: Alias NOT TRADEABLE
Alias will be composed of two words: A color and a chesspiece name
Examples include: Red Bishop, Black Queen, Blue Pawn, Green Castle, Beige Knight, Pink King
Alias cards are unique – there may be several Reds and several Bishops but there can only be one Red Bishop.

On death, a player will reveal only his or her Alias card.
A player may claim any Alias he or she chooses during the game (Color-Chesspiece) but may not show the card to prove it until dead.

3-5: Information TRADEABLE
Three pieces of accurate information in some way linking Alias details to roles.
Each piece of information a player receives will have a symbol in the top right corner – see later for significance.
One of the pieces of information will relate to what someone else knows.
Examples include:
• All Red are Good
• There is at least one Evil Blue
• All Bishops are on the same team
• No more than one Knight is Max
• No White player is Aux
• The Sorcerer is a King
• There are exactly 3 Good Pawns
• There are more Good Reds than Evil Bishops
• The total number of Good Pawns and Evil Kings is 5
• The Seer knows how many Red players are Evil
• Only Villagers have any facts about Black players

Card 6: Bonus card
The bonus card may be:
A) A piece of misinformation TRADEABLE
Exactly like a piece of accurate information but factually inaccurate in some way.
A player receiving a misinformation card at the game start will have a consistent symbol on the three accurate information cards and a contrasting symbol on the misinformation card. Players with only three pieces of information may not have the same symbol on all cards.
Examples of misinformation:
There is exactly one Evil Red (There will either be more than one or none at all)
There are two Bishops, one Good and one Evil (there will either be exactly two Bishops and both on the same team, or there will be some other number of Bishops. Exactly how the statement is false is not detailed!)

B) A second Alias NOT TRADEABLE
The player will choose which Alias, or both, to leave visible on death.
All accurate information will be valid for either Alias, but note that information on numbers of a type of Alias (eg There are exactly 3 Good Pawns) will count all Aliases.

C) A Special One-Use ability TRADEABLE
Examples:
Lynch Tough – reveal the card if you are lynched and follow the further instructions on the card.
Nightkill Tough - reveal the card if you are announced at Dawn as the nightkill and follow the further instructions on the card
Shootout – reveal the card as the start of your defence if you are nominated and seconded for lynch, and name your opponent. The remaining players must choose between the two of you for lynch that day (each of you will get a defence first).
Unmask – play during the nomination phase; your target player must reveal his or her alias card (or select which of two to reveal!)
Dying Strike – if lynched, you may take another player with you. This counts as a lynch for the purposes of other Bonus cards.
Bequest – when you die, you may reveal this to give all your information cards a player of your choice, but you may no longer reveal your Alias when you die.

If you have more than one Bonus Card to play at a particular moment of the game (eg Dying Strike and Lynch Tough), you may play only one.
You may play multiple Bonus Cards during the course of the game.
If you are targeted by a Bonus Card effect, you may play a Bonus Card in response.

Card 7: Blank card
This card is included to make up the card numbers so that each player has three non-tradeable cards and four tradeable cards at the game start.
Blank tradeable cards may be traded. The recipient may be underwhelmed.

GAME PLAY

Each day will have two phases, and the mod will time these to prevent the game running overlong.

1) Discussion & Trading – players are encouraged to move around and discuss strategy and suspicions. Lurking and listening in are permitted (you are spies, after all), harassment is not (you are not thugs).
Each player may make ONE SINGLE TRADE with another player each day. This is on your honor – the moderator cannot possibly enforce this rule in any practical way in a face-to-face game.
A trade must be ONE card for ONE card
The white Role Cards and Alias Cards (and blank untradeable cards) may never be traded.
The blue Information Cards and Bonus Cards (and blank Tradeable cards) may be traded.
2) Voting – nomination and seconding, then votes.
At most three nomination/seconding selections will be permitted (discounting those instances where no players vote for lynch following the player's defence speech) and if there is still no majority vote for a lynch, a sudden death will be announced.
Sudden death will also be called if the voting round is taking too long, given the number of players remaining (mod's decision).
Sudden death will involve all players being asked to point (simultaneously, on a count of three) at the player they most wish lynched, . The player receiving the most fingers pointing will be lynched. Ties resolved by die-roll or coin toss if necessary.

Day will end with the lynch (potentially modified by Bonus cards)

Each night will run as for a normal F2F werewolf game
Wolves choose nightkill. Self-targeting IS permitted.
Seer chooses View (Wolf/not Wolf)
Sorcerer chooses View (Seer/not Seer)
Martyr chooses target to protect

Night will end with the announcement of the nightkill (potentially modified by Bonus Cards).
A dead player will reveal Alias/Aliases (also potentially modified by Bonus Cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
adiamant
annab
Beowulf
bluelise
ElAdoranSureshot
greek2me
kuchick
seanp
TheSparky
Valkerie32
worshipsf

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1465...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting a reminder on my calendar to read up on the rules before the con...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this:

"Blank tradeable cards may be traded. The recipient may be underwhelmed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMGOMGOMGOMG. Sign me up!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm signing up! Save a spot for my bf too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adiamant wrote:
I love this:

"Blank tradeable cards may be traded. The recipient may be underwhelmed."
To be completely fair about it, trading a blank card on D1 is evidence that you have a second Alias and thus did not start with misinformation or a One-use special action, so it's not wholly hopeless. On D1, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're making plans with friends in Dallas for one night... I want to be around for this. Have you picked the day yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me & prob Roy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
We're making plans with friends in Dallas for one night... I want to be around for this. Have you picked the day yet?
I have no strong feelings for any particular night, and haven't crosschecked against things like tournaments (poker etc) which might need to be avoided. Probably do a word-of-mouth when I get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna B.
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So wanna play this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
Well, now that I'm actually going, I hope to run another Incomplete game one evening - Friday or Saturday probably preferred.
I thought I would actually post rules etc here (and allow provisional sign-ups and requests for a fixed time).

If you aren't coming to BGG Con, hopefully you will play a version I'll put up on the forum in the next couple of months.

Yay!

I'd recommend against Saturday as it tends to be already pretty full of traditional things going on, plus the drawing/awards etc. but I'm definitely in.we could do this and Paranoia as a Night of Amazing WW on Friday perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, thanks John.
Friday it is then, provisionally. I'll coordinate with Sparky at the con to avoid a clash with Paranoia. We might even want a sign-up sheet with times in one of the ww rooms if others are scheduling specific odd-rules games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Would love to play this, preferably on Saturday!

Or Friday. I suppose we don't have to start until after the poker tourney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
Good point, thanks John.
Friday it is then, provisionally. I'll coordinate with Sparky at the con to avoid a clash with Paranoia. We might even want a sign-up sheet with times in one of the ww rooms if others are scheduling specific odd-rules games.

Friday is poker night, isn't it? Though that isn't a big problem if you're starting it sufficiently late. (midnight or so)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to accept some uncertainty, I'd suggest Friday "after all the WW poker players are knocked out". That probably won't be later than midnight unless one of us makes it to the final table. (In which case, maybe go up and cheer that person on?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If somebody makes the final table, I think they can miss a WW game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All roles and information completed for a 16 player game. Have a 12 player version in reserve in case numbers don't show up. Shall print off in a couple of days and all is ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for Friday night!

You'll find 16 people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a really cool game and I hope he runs it here if that's possible. Javal, the grandkids will break your game in ways you never even imagined* so if you really do want to play test and fine tune it, running it with some more recent players would help.

*And I mean this in the most positive of ways. This community has changed a lot since I joined but it hasn't so much changed as evolved. It's not really my "jam" to play WW online with these folks anymore but it IS my jam to hang with them in person and do lots of fun things including face-to-face WW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy fuck this was amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I might have been a drinking a little (okay, a lot) prior to this game. When I opened my envelope and discovered I was a wolf, I was worried that I might somehow beef it due to some silly mistake sober-Urza would never make.

Team Evil did in fact beef it, but my sobriety (or lack thereof) was not the reason. When an aux and the other wolf are lynched in the first two days, it's pretty much impossible to come back from that. I didn't learn worshipsf was the other wolf until Day 2, and by that time she was more or less outed. Trading with her then seemed really dangerous.

(Also, did I really promise a live Nethack game? I have my work cut out for me...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.