Hide
4 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Accidental - Limited Spawn Rule for buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Mulligan
msg tools
Hi just writing to see if anyone else plays this way...

When I first played Zombicide, as soon as the door of a building was opened we spawned for that room only.

Once inside that room we spawned for any adjacent rooms within a 1 Zone view.

Venturing further into the buildings we'd spawn within 1 zone as we explored.

I always assumed this was the rule. I imagined it was because the rooms were in relative darkness with untold dangers lurking.

This meant as the game ramped up from blue to orange, the task of exploring the rooms of a building - or simply navigating from one side to the other would increase in difficulty and risk.

(NB. I don't think we played with our house rule intentionally but accidentally...)

However, I recently bought the game for myself (season 1) and discovered that upon breaking into the first door, ALL rooms spawned at once.

But to my mind the scenario (THE 24HRS RACE OF ZOMBICITY - medium 90mins) was a bit of a cake walk.

Knowing exactly what's in the entire building, takes the fear of the unknown out of the equation - clearing the path to the objectives is easy to plan out.

Also if the survivors enter all the buildings during the blue stage, it can't get any harder within the buildings later (since it's all spawned)

Has anyone tried playing it with this 'limited spawn' house rule? I'd be interested to know what you think.

I'm in two minds whether to keep our original rule or go by the official rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DaveB
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played like that, but it sounds interesting. Do you mark rooms that have spawned and been cleared, or can they spawn again "behind" the survivors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard of people just spawning the board they opened the door into, but not 1 room at a time. I suspect the "?" in season 3 are in to make this exploration is dangerous idea work. Simply put you only spawn the rooms on a board when you enter one of those rooms. It's similar to what you suggest.

When I'm writing scenarios I use both the "?" and the old spawn all. Often I make the first few areas "?" and later ones spawn all. This means the first few areas are manageable at blue, but the spawn all areas are harder because you get a lot of spawns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
folkdope wrote:

Also if the survivors enter all the buildings during the blue stage, it can't get any harder within the buildings later (since it's all spawned)

This will not always work out..

if just run and open every building at blue, none of you probably get a descent equip nor skill, and the amount of the Zs is not that low... you soon or later will be trapped with more Zs than you can deal...

depending of the scenario of course, but... usually this not worked as good as you suppose..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.