Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Filiatrault
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just love this game...

But to be fully objective and impartial, I decided to find a negative aspect of Runebound and I found one:

The box.

No, seriously, am I the only one that find the plastic compartements of Runebound not very useful?

Compared to others games (i.e. all the Days of Wonders games have a well design and think plastic compartements for dice, figures, one for each catgeories of cards, etc), I think it is more a waste of space. Evenmore if you buy extensions.

They should have created multiple cards compartements along with two others compartements for dices and figures.

I saw some pics here of guys that bought plastic case to hold all the tokens. Very good idea.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/150203

Meanwhile, I'm using plastic bags 'til I found a better solution.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all sort of works for the base game, and it seems like it's the rare base game insert design that really accommodates expansions well (and if it did, we might end up complaining that the publishers were encouraging us to buy more stuff by leaving lots of spaces to fill).

I've bagged my counters, and I'm going to look at the tuckboxes for the various card decks. I've got the six original 2nd edition small expansions and four more on the way, so it'd be better to have just stacks of loose cards sliding around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Filiatrault
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
we might end up complaining that the publishers were encouraging us to buy more stuff by leaving lots of spaces to fill

Yeah, good point.

Still, for tokens, dice and figure, they could have add a little more compartements. Anyway, doesn't matter, it's only details.

I saw the tuckboxes but not sure I fully understand the end result. It is to be placed inside main platic compartement or is this give you small paper boxes once cut and mounted ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the base game, the box seems to work fine.

We've added several card expansions now, and it's starting to strain things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have all of the card expansions and midnight, and have them all in one box. yes, i don't use the insert. with everything i have i am pushing the limits of the box. when i get the nex sands expansion, i don't think everything will still fit into one box, but we'll have to see.

if you plan on going for the expansions, then the inserts have just kept the parts from sliding around until you purchased it. if you plan on not getting the expansions (or just 1 or 2 card expansions), then the insert will work for you, but bagging is still a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apokai wrote:
I saw the tuckboxes but not sure I fully understand the end result. It is to be placed inside main platic compartement or is this give you small paper boxes once cut and mounted ?

They should be their own little boxes. My only experience trying to make them (for another game) didn't turn out well, as the cards ultimately didn't fit the boxes. It's possible my printer rescaled the images or something. Anyway, I was thinking about giving it another go for RB as, like I mentioned earlier, I'm ending up with a lot of market, item, and ally cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.