Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the article. Lots of good stuff in there but here's a preview of the troop cards.

Snowtroopers:

HK Assassin Droid:

Wampas:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it a snow trooper? I mean it's not like the other ones are fighting in a storm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Why is it a snow trooper? I mean it's not like the other ones are fighting in a storm...

That's what they were called back then in that movie and the action figures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:

If you don't like Star Wars that's fine, but please refrain from the trolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb

wow

Certainly can't rely on the dodge result to save you now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the tank:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

That's what they were called back then in that movie and the action figures

Thank you. I don't remember that from the movie and couldn't afford the toys growing up, but i'll be watching them again so I will look out for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Henry
United Kingdom
Wellington
West Midlands
flag msg tools
The HK droids look pretty awesome.

Scum Droid squad with R2 is very tempting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickv2002 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

It's fine that really love star wars and can't answer a question in your blind love for it but please refrain filling up the forums with non responses. Someone else responded just fine, you, well not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:

stormtroopers get their name from being fearless assault troops ie "storming enemy positions" (i think based on WW1 german stormtroopers).

snowtroopers just indicate a different type of stormtrooper which is equipped for snow/ice weather conditions

likewise a scouttrooper is a different version of stormtrooper designed for recon

and there might be a few other such types of stormtroopers for specific situations.
all 3 types have similar/same level of training and equipment and use the typical white color for their suits.

but the bulk of the empire's army is composed of army troopers and imperial navy troopers that are of lesser quality than the stormtroopers. these are not yet represented in IA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
nickv2002 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

It's fine that really love star wars and can't answer a question in your blind love for it but please refrain filling up the forums with non responses. Someone else responded just fine, you, well not so much.

Joe,

If you weren't trolling and actually asking the question then I'm sorry for my response. I guess I considered the 'Snow' part pretty obvious considering that the expansion is based on an ice planet as explained in the full article linked above, even if you haven't seen the movie.

Your other comments around here, such as this one, have struck me as less-than constructive, which lead me to believe you had similar intent here.

Additionally, if you look at the timestamps I actually replied the same time as the other response about Snowtroopers (I wrote it at the same time and didn't see the other response before publishing).

So again, sorry if you meant well.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So the description says the box includes 16 new figures. My guess as to the makeup within:

6 Snowtroopers
4 HK Droids
2 Wampas
1 Tank
3 Rebel Heroes

Beyond that there will be some figure tokens that you can replace with the Ally/Villain packs shown here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
nickv2002 wrote:
My guess as to the makeup within:
6 Snowtroopers
4 HK Droids
2 Wampas
1 Tank
3 Rebel Heroes

Why just a guess?
Return to Hoth wrote:
Return to Hoth contains three heroes, six Snowtroopers, four HK Assassin Droids, two Wampas, and one SC2-M Repulsor Tank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta love HKs, I figured the model (being some 1000 years old at that point?) would no longer be in use. Does anyone know if HK47 is still around during the rebellion period? Because I'd love to play with an HK47, otherwise the default HKs will probably end up as an auto-include any time I get the chance.

As for the Snowtrooper issue: I'm not a military historian, but just about any (successful) military doctrine I'm aware of since antiquity made allowances for extreme environmental conditions if the military in question had any chance of having to fight in them. At the very least with varied loadouts and special training, and commonly and most successfully with dedicated troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac S.B.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
HK-47 appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, which is set in the same timeline as IA.

Anyway, as a Kotor fan and an IA fan, I'm pleased to see HK droids in my games. Statement: Rebel meatbags won't know what hit them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is the expected release date for this expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Pinpoint Accuracy will that be applied after the Rebel player rolled for defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
Which is the expected release date for this expansion?

It's at the printer right now, so I'd guess the earliest we could see it would be around late January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
Regarding the Pinpoint Accuracy will that be applied after the Rebel player rolled for defense?

Pretty sure that "while attacking" means "at any appropriate point between declaring the attack and applying actual damage for it or declaring it failed", so that would mean yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To bad the Wampa is a mercenary creature for the Empire.
It would have been cool if FFG had incorporated neutral creature rules for it.

So it would wander around the map attack both sides.
That could have turned into some interesting strategies for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-o Jankowski
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
Ashes001 wrote:

Pretty sure that "while attacking" means "at any appropriate point between declaring the attack and applying actual damage for it or declaring it failed", so that would mean yes.

Yes this is correct, so it will only be used after the Rebels roll a dodge, very helpful!

Basically there is two justifications in this game, any ability or description that says "when you declare" is before the attack or defense roll results. Any that says "while attacking" is during the attack sequence and usually after you see the results. The attack sequence clears all this up. Hope that helps, the rules just get so confusing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rog wrote:
To bad the Wampa is a mercenary creature for the Empire.
It would have been cool if FFG had incorporated neutral creature rules for it.

So it would wander around the map attack both sides.
That could have turned into some interesting strategies for both sides.
"Neutral" creatures were, without exception, unplayably bad in the WotC D&D minis skirmish game. Even playing "for fun" rather than "serious" they were just awful. That doesn't mean that it would be impossible for a neutral creature to be fun/playable in a skirmish game, but I'd be impressed if someone managed to pull it off. Til then, I'm happy to imagine my troops have electric prods they use to drive the Wampas at the enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So the elite Wampa can cause both bleed and stun with one surge?

Wicked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
theredson wrote:
So the elite Wampa can cause both bleed and stun with one surge?

Wicked.
Yeah, he's got 2 good surges. Problem is that you only have about a 31% chance for a surge. If you Focus him this goes up to a beastly RRG attack with 65% chance of surge though. So maybe Focus Wampas will be a thing…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.