Subject: "Mounted" map vs 'Delux Map" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have the new printing with the "Mounted Map" and do you like it?

Does this map differ from the previously offered "Deluxe Map" some people were complaining about?

Also does this printing come with the version 2014 rules set as is available for download?

Thanks,

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mounted map is of a piece with the rest of the GMT mounted maps (e.g., the COIN games, the reissues of Wilderness War and Empire of the Sun etc), and is extremely nice, imo. I'm guessing the 'deluxe map' is like some of the other GMT deluxe maps, and is a heavy cardstock map rather than paper.

I would need to check, but I'm almost certain the latest printing comes with the 2014 rules.

It's a very worthwhile edition, with thicker counters along with everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
You want the mounted map and the newest edition comes with one. Also includes color player aid charts and thicker counters. Very nice edition.

The 'Deluxe' map isn't. It's just light card stock. The mounted map is what you get in a standard board game, actually a bit thicker with quality printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Middleton
United States
Wise
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the 2015 mounted map version and it is, of course, very high quality. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
Well........I just got the new edition too and now know the new map is VERY DIFFERENT from the deluxe map people were complaining about!!!

VERY high quality!!!! it is nice to see this upgrade to a great game!!!!

M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.