5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Blood rage or the gallerist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Choosing between these two. I know they play different but they are the two games that strike my fancy.
Solo play is a big bonus as is a strong 2 player game. Accessibility to casual gamer friends is a slight plus but not a deal breaker. Looking mainly for the trifecta of strong theme, amazing mechanics and great components.
Please help me decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... this is a bit like trying to decide between cake and death (as Eddie Izzard puts it). You really could not choose two games much more different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travelbug wrote:
Solo play is a big bonus as is a strong 2 player game.

So The Gallerist. Not taking away from Blood Rage, but it is recommended towards more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Gallerist, but I do own and play Blood Rage and I can tell you that it's not the same with only 2 players. The draft isn't as interesting when you pretty much know exactly what the other player has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Wow... this is a bit like trying to decide between cake and death (as Eddie Izzard puts it). You really could not choose two games much more different.

that is true, but thats why i asked for advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.