Hide
7 Posts

Trickerion: Legends of Illusion» Forums » General

Subject: first experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fire fire
msg tools
In my first game , we have 4 player play with basic rule.

There is some experience that I felt so weird.
Though there is 5 round , but we didn't have too much time to learn Trick.

Every player learn Trick once per game , in the end of game , we just need 2 or 3 Trick per player.
The game provide so many trick in 4 different category , but we don't needed most of them.
As same reason , we neither needed too much required component.

So , the most action we taken is performance , my magician always in the theater since first round.
Because the component didn't return when prepare trick , so it just need a simple action at next round , prepare it again.

Does anyone have similar feeling?

Is this a normal game experience?
Or there is something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game without the Dark alley expansion is indeed not enough time to perform a lot and I think it's pretty repetitive. You always do the same thing over and over again.
But if you play it with the Dark alley it becomes a very very very good unique game with a lot of possibilities. The Dark alley cards makes it so much better, first of all you play 7 rounds instead of 5 (You can even houserule that to 8 or 9 if you want), second, the cards you can take from the dark alley are quite amazing, they give you benefits on all the locations so the game progress much much more. Third you have the prophecies, they can make your game harder or faster, it's like you want it to go (if you let the prophecies turn). And last you have the special cards you can assign with your character that give you extra powers.

When you apply all of this, you can do really a lot !!!
I shall never play this without the Dark alley and the prophecies, the extra powers I leave behind when I play with new players who are not familiar with the game but they make it even better !!!
For me this game is really outstanding, the best game I've played in years.
Just one thing, 4 players is a lot for a first game, 2 or 3 is imo the best !!
When you play a 2 player game make sure to use the special cards who will close 2 spots at each place, they are awesome !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Vjestica
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now, you got me worried. That I own an "incomplete" game. Haven't played it yet and have only a base game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chichiriba wrote:
Now, you got me worried. That I own an "incomplete" game. Haven't played it yet and have only a base game...

Dark Alley is part of the base game box. One side of the board is without dark alley, the other side is with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chichiriba wrote:

Don't worry, like Jdlly said the base game includes the Dark Alley and is HUGE! We played the starter game only once to get the principles right and advanced then to the "main game" with the Dark Alley. We will probably not use the further extensions (included in the Legendary edition) for a long time as the main game with Dark Alley and 7 rounds is quite challenging and complex. And LONG i might add, at least for optimizers like us. One hour per player seems to me the minimum playing time, more to 1,5 hours (yes this means 4,5 hours for 3 players, but it is fun!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fire fire
msg tools
Von Strubel wrote:
chichiriba wrote:

Don't worry, like Jdlly said the base game includes the Dark Alley and is HUGE! We played the starter game only once to get the principles right and advanced then to the "main game" with the Dark Alley. We will probably not use the further extensions (included in the Legendary edition) for a long time as the main game with Dark Alley and 7 rounds is quite challenging and complex. And LONG i might add, at least for optimizers like us. One hour per player seems to me the minimum playing time, more to 1,5 hours (yes this means 4,5 hours for 3 players, but it is fun!).

It's my plan too.
I just want to make sure the rule our played is right.

So I really expect next game , we'll play with dark alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Vjestica
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.