Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so if you're going to buy a $12.00 microgame direct from the manufacturer, how would you rather have it shipped?

1. First Class for $1.55; no confirmation number; 2-5 days to deliver

2. Priority Mail with delivery confirmation for $4.05; 2-3 days to deliver

This is really intended for US customers; international sales will all be shipped Global Priority, which will provide tracking automatically and cost $10.00. (it's simplest and most efficient.)

So what's your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First class - when the game is that cheap, I'd rather have the cheaper shipping option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How fast do you want the game? I take the lower price and wait it out. Especially with something like this, the added shipping is about 25%-30% of the total item. I hate to pay for shipping that's almost as much as the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
How fast do you want the game? I take the lower price and wait it out. Especially with something like this, the added shipping is about 25%-30% of the total item. I hate to pay for shipping that's almost as much as the game itself.

Edited original post to reflect expected shipping times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I belive the internet was invented so that you didn't have to waste time shipping opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:

Be glad you do not live overseas where shipping can be 66% of the cost of the game (and much more if you want it quickly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
First class, definitely. It's cheap, reliable and pretty fast. If you can package it so that the shipping container is at least 3/4-inch thick, you can get delivery confirmation on first class, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First class. Priorty Mail tracking is an absolute joke. First class also travels just as fast as Priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
gamesbook wrote:
Rappak wrote:

Be glad you do not live overseas where shipping can be 66% of the cost of the game (and much more if you want it quickly).

dont forget + taxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
the fastest for the cheapest. Personally id rather pay less and wait. Its annoying to wait but itll get there. And for cheap item why pay so much for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm answering the wrong question...

But often I will see choices between
FedEx Ground - $7, 5-7 days
FedEx 2-Day - $12, 2-3 days
FedEx Next Day - $25, next day

(prices are examples)

To resolve this question, I would consider the first $7 to be "part of the cost of the game", and then wonder if $5 is worth it to satisfy my need for instant gratification.

Usually, 2-day is neither too slow nor too expensive.

But back to your question ... is $2.50 an exhorbitant amount to spend for faster shipping on a $13.55 game? I don't think so. I would go Priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I belive the internet was invented so that you didn't have to waste time shipping opinions.

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Sign me up for one of each, and send them first class.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SeeKay
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what are you buying? i think i want one too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kusmaul
United States
Columbia
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I so totally take the cheap way out. if you are in a rush to get the game get to your local store and pick it up. Otherwise use your cash wisely and realize a good deal is worth the wait. and often i've found by purchasing and paying for the fastest shiping I might as well have gone and supported the local gaming store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two answers, one to the direct question:

1. I'd go 1st Class shipping on the $12 microgame.

2. But, I would want the option for Priority Mail, just in case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Peterson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
gbohrer wrote:
OK, so if you're going to buy a $12.00 microgame direct from the manufacturer, how would you rather have it shipped?

1. First Class for $1.55; no confirmation number; 2-5 days to deliver

2. Priority Mail with delivery confirmation for $4.05; 2-3 days to deliver

This is really intended for US customers; international sales will all be shipped Global Priority, which will provide tracking automatically and cost $10.00. (it's simplest and most efficient.)

So what's your opinion?

I would go first class, it was mentioned before but I'll say it again Priority Mail tracking is a joke. Also, so that you know Global Priority Mail does not actually provide tracking, I recently shipped something to a relative overseas and it hadn't arrive after 3 weeks, I called the USPS # and gave them my label number and was rudely told by two different people that all the label number does is say when it was accepted, it is not actually a tracking #.

On the other hand, if you offered UPS or some other real carrier that can actually track their packages 99% of the time I would pay a premium for that, even on such an inexpensive product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately, my software doesn't allow for multiple shipping options; what I'll end up doing is going with First Class for direct CC purchases, and Priority for Paypal. Provides the best mix of options and self protection.

For the couple folks who asked what this is about, it's Monday's release of Action Front! Watchtower. It won't be available from retailers (for now at any rate); the volume I'm producing wouldn't make sense for them to buy. Maybe six months down the road, when (I hope) the second and third games in the series will be out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
My suggestion is sell it for $15, free shipping, then ship first class with delivery confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
GameGirl21 wrote:
I would go first class, it was mentioned before but I'll say it again Priority Mail tracking is a joke.

Shrug, I've been very happy with Priority Mail + delivery confirmation. It's fast, cheap, and lets me know when it got there, which is what I care about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.