Subject: Review of 2 plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Today, we opened 'the Game' of someone I know, and gave it two plays with 5 people. Now, I should be honest, I'm not a particular fan of Co-op games, but I think my complaints about this game go beyond this personal preference.

In my opinion (or maybe even per definition), a co-op game is about winning from the game, not each other. So in other words, you have to be smarter than the rules. Now, here comes the biggest problem about the game: there are no rules! (OK, there is 1). The only rule there is, is "don't say the exact number on your cards". But, "don't play here, I can help us big time" is saying that you have the card of exact 10 more. And, "don't play here, I need it without change" is the same as saying you have the card that is 1 lower. So, where is the cutoff point of what is allowed? Exactly, you make this up yourself. So, you are playing a Co-op game against your own assumptions, not against the rules.

Both times, we ended up in a discussion about whether something is allowed or not. You are not playing this game against the rules (there are none), you are playing this game to get into a fight. (Still, the second time, we got 98/98). The gameplay is quite interesting in itself, with two increasing and two decreasing piles, but it needs some rules about what IS allowed instead of what ISN'T. As example: only give "block" and "advice" and discuss general things that don't apply to a certain person, or something.

With the original rules, I give it 2/10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.