Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Klutz's Card Factory Guide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kit Troja
Denmark
flag msg tools
UPDATE:
Found the solution to my problems - someone has made a modded Card Factory, which have what I need!

http://studio.dantoine.org/cards/

I'm currently tinkering with the card-creator, but have some problems, that I can't seem to wrap my head around. Has someone posted a guide somewhere? If so, I can't find it.

Two questions of the top of my head:

1: How do you make "shots" and "range" in the correct font and size? Because the font in "Card Text" is, well, the font used for card text, but shots and ranged seem to have their own font?

2: On town items and class items, how do you add their respective icons on the top right of the card?

Hope to get some help from someone more experienced soon, so I can get my card-creatin' mojo on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really help much with Klutz's Card Factory, but you may be able to use a card generator I made here:
http://jparkerweb.github.io/card-generator-sob/

Here are some art assets you can use to aid in card creation:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zyhasaa433szir4/AABlnkYHW2X9lJ0nY...

My approach to a card generator is a little different and more of an art type of program where you can create text/image elements which you can drag around, change the size/rotation, arrange layers, as well as other properties. It is still an early version, but usable for creating custom cards.

Hope this is of "some" help, or at the minimum an alternative for future use. Oh, and I have only tested it with Chrome so far... so I can't guarantee compatibility with other browsers.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Troja
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks for the heads up, but for my needs, it's too free-form - great if I wanted to get crazy and creative, but I just need something that does the basics

Update: I've found out that the font I want to use is the Rockwell Condensed Bold, the same which is used, when you enter "stat changes" (the one with the yellow background), but I just can't figure out how to add it to normal text description (without yellow background)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't figure it out you could go the route to getting it "close" in the card factory, save the card, import the created card as an image in my card generator (it would overlay over the default background), then apply the text there (I have the font you need as an option built in).

Just an idea but it could work if you are stuck without a way forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably want to browse the original thread for Klutz's Card Factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls