Last Battle: Ie Shima, 1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on special units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charlie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrific game,glad I picked it up!I just want to make sure I get this rule right.
10.2.2:a maximum of one special unit per area -does this apply only on special unit entry or does it mean you can never have two or more special units in the same area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cj48 wrote:
Terrific game, glad I picked it up! I just want to make sure I get this rule right.
10.2.2:a maximum of one special unit per area -does this apply only on special unit entry or does it mean you can never have two or more special units in the same area?
Rule 10.2.2 discusses movement from the Japanese Special Units Box to the map. You may move up to four units, but may only place a maximum of one in each Area each Impulse.

Stacking rules may be found in 7.1 and there are no restrictions to the number of Japanese Special Units that may occupy one Area at the same time except for normal stacking limits. You could, in theory, have eight Japanese Special Units in a single Area.

So the answer is that rule 10.2.2 only applies to when Japanese Special Units are entering play.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Last Battle: Ie Shima, 1945
Take Aim Designs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszcyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you place the special units in 10.2.2 or 10.2.3 do they need to be in supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not need to be able to trace to the Japanese supply source. But be aware they won't be able to refit if you place then in such an area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls