Allen Martin

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
I dont like baggies and instead prefer counter trays or Plano boxes. I've finally got everything organized, trying to balance logical groupings vs density of counters and there is no way the box will close. Using GMT trays I need 9. I might be able to consolidate down to 8 but still too full.

BRW the game is cool, as is the GTS system.

Ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
You must be into extreme organizing. I havn't broke this one open yet, but it only has 5 more countersheets than The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen, which I have organized into 3 GMT Trays (Formations) and two plano box's for the generic markers, all of which fit neatly in the box.

9 GMT trays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out some of the posts around this one - there are a few ideas

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dda6eb2/1896

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
If you're space limited, I'd put the status markers; suppression, cohesion hits, column markers, improved positions, barrage, etc. in ziplocks and when you play put them into cups. I really like silicon muffin cups for this. Those are the counters you end up using constantly, and you'll want a pile on each side of the table.

With everything else, I'd just sort mostly by formation. You have to dig through and pull those out once a game, while setting up. That's where I'd see value in trays.

Don't have this one yet. Comments are based on other GTS games.

Edit - Yeah, what he said:
Fly by Night wrote:
You must be into extreme organizing. I havn't broke this one open yet, but it only has 5 more countersheets than The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen, which I have organized into 3 GMT Trays (Formations) and two plano box's for the generic markers, all of which fit neatly in the box.:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done it this way:

I'm pretty particular about getting everything back in the back in the box for my games. TGD is no different. Here's the solution I ended up with:

2x 3601 Plano trays - One generally for Germans, one for Allies

1 x GMT Counter Tray - Markers

9x GMT little baggies - Marker overflow

It all fits, no bulge. The Plano trays are generally sorted by Division.

For those looking for something similar . . .

One can't do this the same way they did TDC or WED. It is the same size box but TGD has more counters, more books, and more status sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bowen
msg tools
I used 2 Dan Versen boxes for the units and 2 GMT boxes for the markers. The only problem is I have lost track of the Command markers for 3rd Canadian and cannot locate them. They are in there somewhere (I am a little colorblind and the red all look alike). The box closes nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls