Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
52 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Leaving Earth - Looking For Participants In A Bulk Buy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there.

I was keen to purchase this awesome looking space exploration game Leaving Earth, together with its expansion, but then I discovered the shipping for 1 unit was almost US$70 bucks!!

The good news is that when ordering at least 10 copies, the shipping cost per unit reduces dramatically and can work out to be under US$20 bucks each.

Lumenaris also offers a good many other attractive games on their website which could form part of this order too. Here is what they have (prices as at today's date):

Leaving Earth | US$34.95
Leaving Earth Expansion | US$4.95
Actionworks | US$12.95
Caravans Of Asia | US$49.95
Caravans Of Asia Expansion | US$29.95
Victory Through Industry | US$24.95
The Golden Wilderness | US$39.95
Spellways | US$24.95
Vikings On The Volga | US$39.95
Abstractables | US$24.95
Suitors And Suitability | US$24.95

I am happy to take responsibility for collecting funds and making payment. I can email everybody out proof of payment afterwards. I live in the Northern Beaches Area of Sydney. If anybody wants to pay extra afterwards to have the games posted on via AusPost, I am happy to organise that. Alternatively, we could look at distributing the games directly if that can be arranged and is convenient for everybody.

Please note that by participating in this you must understand and agree that I am organizing this in good faith, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur with the manufacturer and/or shipping times delays, i.e. for problems that are out of my control.

I am looking to make an order ASAP, basically as soon as the shipping costs have come down to under US$20.

Please let me know if you would like to take participate in a bulk buy from this company. I will update this first thread on a daily basis to reflect what the current status is.

Thanks for your interest!

Orders So Far
-------------

slim17
------
1 x leaving earth 34.95
1 x mercury mini-expansion 4.95

iman14
------
1 x leaving earth 34.95

RaZeHe1L
--------
1 x leaving earth 34.95

andrewdoull
-----------
1 x leaving earth 34.95

lamaros
-------
1 x leaving earth 34.95

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evren
Australia
Regional NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin,

You might want to take a look at this threat. That seems to be the right audience for what you are trying to achieve.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146671/kickstarter-groups...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
evrenoz wrote:
Hi Martin,

You might want to take a look at this threat. That seems to be the right audience for what you are trying to achieve.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146671/kickstarter-groups...
Hi Evran

Thanks for the tip. I did look at that page beforehand, but noted that the title of the list was specific for Kickstarter. I will post a comment at the bottom alerting people to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you can't get a group order together you can order it single (like I did recently) for about $100 AUS total using https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

It'll be 10$ U.S. to ship to shopmate, and I think $33 AUD From there to Australia.

Shipping direct from the publisher was going to be $150 AUS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Also if you can't get a bill order together you can order it single (like I did recently) for about $100 tota using https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

It'll be 10$ U.S. to ship to shopmate, and I think $33 AUD From there to Australia.

Nice one! Didn't know about that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
abodi wrote:
W. T. F.

Why isn't this sticky'd in massive bold letter that flash, framed with dancing girls waving semaphore flags and guys using hula-hoops!

I... For... wha.....

I can not even speak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Cat is priceless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Niles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
abodi wrote:
W. T. F.

Why isn't this sticky'd in massive bold letter that flash, framed with dancing girls waving semaphore flags and guy using hula-hoops!

I... For... wha.....

I can not even speak
Yeah, this needs to be much more widely known.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Also if you can't get a group order together you can order it single (like I did recently) for about $100 AUS total using https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

Thanks, that is an awesome find!!!

I'm so excited I'm a bit shaky...

I am off to go berserk...

But so many options I don't know where to start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mb
When are you planning to order, I might be keen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lamaros wrote:
When are you planning to order, I might be keen.
Hi mate, as soon as get enough orders to bring the shipping down to below 20 bucks per unit. Which is around 10 orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
I'm in for Leaving Earth and the Leaving Earth Expansion.
Hi mate, I will add your order to the top of the thread. Thanks for joining in. We are getting closer now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Oppenheim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
I should also point out I'm forever trying to find a Sydney based gaming group who wants to play nothing but Phil Eklund games,...
What a worthy ambition. Sadly, while I own (too) many of his, I think I have only played 1-1.5 of his!

One day I will change this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ferrão
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
I should also point out I'm forever trying to find a Sydney based gaming group who wants to play nothing but Phil Eklund games, but I'm willing to go out of my comfort zone for Leaving Earth
If you want to come over to the 3 weeds in Rozelle for an IWG meet up, I will gladly playNeanderthal once you have it. Wouldn't mind trying any of his games to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Australia
Hornsby
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pax Porfiriana got played last Saturday at Upper North Shore Board Gamers, and there's definitely appetite for more (at least more Pax Po; probably more Eklund in general). Bit far from where you are though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Speak again.
mb
Put me in for leaving earth + expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lamaros wrote:
Put me in for leaving earth + expansion.
No worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Using the Shopmate service that was described earlier in this thread, I do believe that we may already be able to get a satisfactory shipping rate, even with just the five subscribers that we have currently.

I have just sent an email off to get some more information about this. I will provide an update soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Speak again.
mb
25% off now on ShopMate supposedly, so. Whee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lamaros wrote:
25% off now on ShopMate supposedly, so. Whee.
Hi mate

I sent Lumenaris an email a couple of days ago to get some confirmations regarding weights and packaging. Just chased them up again today. As soon as I get a response we can make the order I reckon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I calculated the rough cost of the game as follows (in Aussie dollars):

5 x games = $250
5 x expansions = $50
shipping from lumenaris to US using shopmate = $25
shipping from US to Australia using shopmate = $75

total cost = $400

cost per customer = $80

Please feel free to double check this for me if you like.

Please note that I have rounded UP in all cases, have accounted for 1kg of weight per order, as opposed to 640g, and also have not taken into account the current 25% discount shopmate are offering.

If all goes well then this could reduce the cost of the game by around a further $10ish per customer. 'But' I cannot predict this beforehand. For example, the shopmate discount depends upon the manufacturer sending out the game before the discount offer expires, and the exchange rate changes etc, so I would rather have people pay me slightly more up front, and I give a reimbursement afterwards, than be chasing money twice. I hope that makes sense. I will PM everybody today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys

Still waiting for a confirmation PM response from 1 person. Once I received this then I will PM with bank account details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shane Charman
Australia
Maryborough
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am keen as!! 1xcopy of leaving earth + 1x expansion! I'm in qld, 4650!!

Regards
Charmbo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sill interested in 1 copy of leaving earth + 1x expansion! I'm in Sydney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, we are looking to make an order this month. This process has been a slow burner because it's taken longer to get enough interested parties than I thought it would.

I calculated that it would cost $80 per unit to get shipped to Sydney to my address. Then, for any people who can't do a pick up, there would be an additional cost for me to ship on internally to you in Australia. $80 shipped to my address would be the absolute max, and I suspect it will come in lower than that, depending upon the exchange rate etc., in which case refunds will be issued afterwards.

$80 seems like a lot of money. But the game itself + exp. costs $45 US which is roughly around $65 AUD, so looking at it that way, it's really not too bad. Using my U.S. redirect address has saved loads of money. Certainly better than shipping direct through the supplier, which is extortionate.

I currently have 2 people who have transferred money to me and are ready to go. I am looking to get AT LEAST another 2 or 3 people before we can proceed.

If everybody who hasn;t yet paid can please PM me by today or tomorrow, to let me know if they are in or not. Then I can send my EFT details and we can get the ball rolling. Really, it would be good to be making the order by the end of next week at the latest.

Thanks for your interest!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |