Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Automania» Forums » Rules

Subject: No money and no Car tokens, can you still select a production spot? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ash
United States
Tustin
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Castles of Burgundy fan - Buildings
So my buddy and I literally just finished the game and I have to say that I LOVED it! But we do have some rule clarifications questions.
1) if you select an action tile and have no money/too little money to produce that car , can you take that action?
2) if you select an action tile to produce a car, but don't have any more car tiles to ship can you take that action space?
3) can you take a car token back from a ship with out selling it? can you just decided that you don't care about that sale and just re-do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Detective_Verges wrote:
So my buddy and I literally just finished the game and I have to say that I LOVED it! But we do have some rule clarifications questions.
1) if you select an action tile and have no money/too little money to produce that car , can you take that action?
2) if you select an action tile to produce a car, but don't have any more car tiles to ship can you take that action space?
3) can you take a car token back from a ship with out selling it? can you just decided that you don't care about that sale and just re-do it?
1. You cannot take a spot if you cannot complete the action.

2. See 1. You can take the action, but you still have to pay for building a car.

3. No, you would sell it for a minimum of $1 or 1 VP at the end of the round. You can take it back, but you don't get VPs or $.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective_Verges wrote:

I believe some clarification is needed. Here are the official rules:
1) You have to pay to be able to take an action, so unless you also place workers in the sponsor space, the answer is no.

2) Yes, you can. And even if you don't place a new car tile, you have to pay for the action.

3) Yes, you can take a car tile back from a ship (at any time, and without compensation) to produce the car again.

Side note: cars that are not sold at the end of a round, remain on the ship until next round. Only after the last round you get to sell all your cars for 1 coin or 1 vp (depending on the market).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications! I'll updated my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ash
United States
Tustin
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Castles of Burgundy fan - Buildings
So I realized I did not word my first question very well.

If I don't have money to produce a car, can I still take a tile from that row/column?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I believe the answer is no. The main action is buying a car, so if you can't do that, you can't take the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective_Verges wrote:
If I don't have money to produce a car, can I still take a tile from that row/column?
What Ian said.

Page 3 says:
Quote:
Note: To choose a car production action, you must be able to pay for the car (see next page).
Next page says,
Quote:
Even if you cannot place a car on a ship, you still have to pay for the production action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
Detective_Verges wrote:

I believe some clarification is needed. Here are the official rules:
1) You have to pay to be able to take an action, so unless you also place workers in the sponsor space, the answer is no.

2) Yes, you can. And even if you don't place a new car tile, you have to pay for the action.

3) Yes, you can take a car tile back from a ship (at any time, and without compensation) to produce the car again.

Side note: cars that are not sold at the end of a round, remain on the ship until next round. Only after the last round you get to sell all your cars for 1 coin or 1 vp (depending on the market).
Bit confused about question 2. My interpretation is that you must pay and produce. Thus, if you selected an action with a sport-car and you had no sport-cars left, you would be forced to remove one from the ship and re-place it (potentially in a worst spot). Could you elaborate on that?

Thanks =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls